This adorable wall hanging plaque is going to make you want to get out your favorite dies. I just love the way you can layer and layer your dies to get a 3D look. Just think how much fun you can have turning your favorite die into some beautiful wall decor. This fun plaque was created by Jennie Atkinson. Pop on over to Live The Dream for more of her outstanding projects.
First of all Jennie made a background for her hanging from some mount board. She used the Tim Holtz Wrinkle Free Technique using Seedless Preserves and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks. She then embossed some text using white detail embossing powder.
Cut two dress forms from white mount board and then cut one in half. Brush them lightly with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Jennie then stuck one of the halves at right angles onto the dress form.
Cut multiple layers of the dress part. You will need four per section. Fold them in half and again brush them with a bit of Vintage Photo Ink. Glue the folded edge to stick them into the two sections. This is a very effective technique and one you can use with many of your dies.
Decorate your darling plaque with lace, ribbon, flowers, add some bling. The leaves were cut with the Tattered Leaves Die and then zapped with a heat gun. Be careful doing this as they will burn very easily.
A closer look.
By sticking the other half at the back of your dress form and filling in all four sections, you can have a full 3D version to sit out on a table or shelf.
I hope you enjoyed today’s inspiration. Thank You Jennie for sharing such a wonderful creation.
Thank You for stopping by. Hope you have a wonderful day creating.
- Weathered Clock (Tim Holtz 657190 /11.9 $19.94 )
- Sewing Room Dress Form (Tim Holtz 657186 /11.1 19.99)
- Tattered Leaves (Tim Holtz 656927 /11.1 $19.99)
- Mini Heart Die (Tim Holtz 657212 /1.7 $15.99)
- Victorian Velvet Distress Ink (Tim Holtz TIM27195 /1.5 $5.99)
- Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Tim Holtz IM19527 /1.5 $5.94)
- Seedless Preserves Distress Ink (Tim Holtz TIM32847 /1.5 $5.99)
- Detail White Embossing Powder (Stampendous DP100 /1.5 4.99)
Supplies Used (Not Shown):
- Decorative Stick Pins