I am delighted to introduce our next spotlight guest, the very talented and beautiful Bea Valint!
Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you got started crafting: I’m Bea, a thirty-something mum of three boys and one little girl from Hungary. I’m an economist; before the kids I worked for an international bank. I had created handmade photo albums before I learned it is called scrapbooking. I love playing with papers and adore taking photos, and in scrapbooking I can do both of them! I started with creating tons of mini albums as a way to documenting our memories, but when my sister-in-law showed me some layouts on Pinterest in 2013, I also fell in love with creating 12 x 12″ pages.
Favorite thing to create: To tell the truth, I can’t choose! I love watching my children look through our Project Life album again and again. It warms my heart and recording our memories in this way becomes more and more important. I also enjoy creating mini albums and bringing together our memories under one theme in a playful way. As for layouts, creating a 12 x 12″ page is all about creativity, emotions, and femininity for me!
What do you love about this hobby? I love expressing myself through my creations and photos and admire the beautiful things that other scrapbookers create. So many unique styles, so many different techniques, and I find so much of them simply perfect!!
5 fun facts about yourself:
1. My personal motto is: “Your sky, your limit.”
2. I’m completely obsessed with paper flowers.
3. My great grandfather was a European champion racing driver, my husband is a hobby racer, and two of my sons are national champion gokart racers… I spend a lot of weekends next to the gokart track with crossed fingers! But I haven’t got layouts with gokarting at all.
4. During my time at the university I was crazy about travelling and I ranged half of the world working as a fashion model. Now my favourite thing to wear is my running shoes, I put on make up only once in a month, and I love hanging out at home with my children. Times are changing!
5. My happiness level is often directly connected to the weather… sunshine is my buttery!
Here is the layout Bea created for Scrapbook Expo:
THIS MAKES ME HAPPY by Bea Valint
When creating this layout, I wanted to include a bit of everything I love in scrapbooking. A cut file I designed, bright colors, paper flowers, a big and meaningful title, favourite picture; these make me happy!! If you like this branch-flower cut file, I would be happy to share with you! You can download it from here, or visit my blog for more freebies.
YOU ARE AWESOME by Bea Valint
There is nothing better than flowers! It’s no secret I am a fan of scrapbooking and use flowers a lot. This page is certainly no exception. You can see the process video here.
MINI ALBUM by Bea Valint
I love flip-flap albums, but to tell the truth I never enjoyed measuring with the ruler, so I decided to create a mini album cut file. Yay, no ruler, no scoring board, and every page fits perfectly! I made tons of this mini album – it’s the perfect present for every occasion!
LOVE THIS by Bea Valint
This layout came about because I had an idea to create colorful, layered butterflies with gelatos and patterned paper. Adding colors with gelatos guarantees a beautiful effect on layouts! You can check the process video here.
PLAY NOW by Bea Valint
This layout has my heart. For the background I used a quilling pattern I found on Pinterest. I used the amazing Fancy Free collection and I used only one paper.
Thank you so much for joining us today! I hope you’ve been inspired by Bea’s lovely projects!