I want to share this cute little canvas bag with you today. Who says stamping is just for paper? This darling bag was stamped with Papertrey Ink stamp sets by Debbie Olson of Thinking Inking. What a fun way of giving a gift!
- Put a piece of cardstock on the inside of the bag to absorb the extra ink as you work. You will have ink bleeding through the back side of the bag if you don’t do this.
- Using Tsukineko’s VersaCraft ink, stamp images onto the bag.
- Using your Copic Markers color in the areas where needed. Use appropriate ink and heat set it. (Brilliance or Versacraft).
- Make your tag using the Tremendous Tags Die
- Final Touch add White Prisma Glitter to the center of the flowers and wings on the bees.
TIPS FOR COLORING ON CLOTH:
- Do NOT saturate the cloth like you would with cardstock. The ink will wick right past the stamped line if you get too much on the cloth. Use a light touch. Keep your iron out and close by so that if the ink starts to spread you can iron the cloth to dry the alcohol and stop the wicking action.
- Start in the center of the shape and work your way outward waiting to see how quickly the ink will wick. Practice on a scrap piece of cloth first. You’ll get the hang of it pretty quickly.
- Using the colorless blender on cloth is NOT usually a good idea, especially if you are trying to fix a mistake.
- Stitches and Swirls (Papertrey Ink 2449 $24.00) – Focal Image
- Year of Flowers: Sweet Peas (Papertrey Ink 2223 $15.00) – Sentiment on Bag
- Friendship Jar Summer Fillers (Papertrey Ink 2396 $24.00) – Bee
- Mega Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink 2126 $24.00) Sentiment on Tag
- VersaCraft Black Ink Pad (Tsukineko VK182 $5.73)
- Copic Markers (Colors Used RV10, RV13, RV14, T4, Y17, YG01, YG03, B00, B000 $6.49)
- Tremendous Tags Die (Papertrey Ink PTD-0356 $16.00)
- Linen Bag with Jute Drawstring LRG (Papertrey Ink B-BAG002 $3.00)
- White Prisma Glitter (Papertrey Ink 6610 $3.00) – center flowers & Bee wings
PRODUCTS USED (NOT SHOWN):