Need a fun Halloween Treat? These “scary” little ghost cake pops are very yummy. A creative and simple treat to make with your family.
Better get started so you will be already for Halloween!
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Butter-cream Frosting
- 2 Boxes Premium White Chocolate
- Cake Pop Sticks
- Black Food Coloring
- Cook Cake Mix and let cool.
- Add cake to a large bowl.
- Crumble until it resembles fine crumbs.
- Add Butter-cream Frosting a bit at a time until cake is moist and can hold a ball shape, yet slightly crumbly.
- Use your hands to join the frosting into the cake crumbs.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop and scoop out two balls of cake mixture.
- Roll the mixture into a tight ball and place on a plate.
- Repeat until all the cake mixture has been rolled into balls.
- Melt 2-5 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave.
- Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the white chocolate and insert into the cake balls about half way.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a large cup. Make sure you have enough chocolate to completely submerge the cake ball.
- Remove cake balls from freezer
- Dip cake balls carefully into the white chocolate until covered.
- Let the excess chocolate drip off. Swirl and tap gently if needed.
- Add a small amount of black food coloring to a small amount of white frosting.
- Decorate eyes and a mouth for the ghosts
- Stick the decorated cake pop into a Styrofoam block to finish setting.
- Cover with a clear treat bag & ribbon for gift giving, if desired.
- Store in a single layer, in an airtight container.