Have you ever asked yourself “What is Mixed Media”? This canvas is a great inspiration of using Mixed Media. While creating your project, anything can be used. This is a very cleaver way of using some of those cherished products that are still sitting in your drawer. Using a canvas can be a fun way to get started.
The background was painted, then using gelatos, and PITT artist pens to color and blend. Adding glimmer mists, distress inks, and dies completed the background color. Using circles (big and small), ric rack type stamp, butterflies, sentiment, and postcard from SMAK altered art kit ” True Story”.
The wood birdcage was painted, misted, and distressed; finishing by adding a metal chain attached to the top.
Add a sweet little sentiment stamped on a thin piece of birch wood. Glue a metal embellishment behind the wood, and distress the wood for an aged look. Adding some silk flowers just finishes off the project. A big Thank You goes to Karen Maldonado for sharing her beautiful art work. See more of her inspiration projects on Real Life in Pictures.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
Have a wonderful day creating!
- SMAK True Story Altered Art Kit (Unity Stamp Company SMAK 03/12 $45.00)
- Black Soot (Tim Holtz Ranger ri-tim19541 $4.65)
- Distress Paint – Broken China (Ranger Ink Tim Holtz pp-th-tdd36319 $4.99)
- Mix and Match Collection Color Gelatos (Faber-Castell par-fbr770155 $9.99)
- Mix and Match Collection Pitt Artist Pens (Faber-Castell par-fbr770072 $11.99)
- Aqua Plain Jane Collection (Tattered Angels nm-217991 $6.99)
- Gold Glimmer Mist Spray (Tattered Angels ta-021102-2 $6.55)
- Bead Chain (Tim Holtz Idea-ology ch-th92792 $6.50)
- Die Cut Wood Pieces Small Birdcages (Kaisercraft kai-fl372 $3.99)
- Thin Wood Birch (Creative Imaginations ci-26047 $3.99)
- Metal Charms Tim Holtz (Advantus ch-th92832 $9.29)
- Aqua Soprano Collection (Prima pri-561703 $3.99)