How many of us have this stamp set, or one just like it?
It’s a classic and I love this technique with this stamp set.
Also, a tree line feels gender neutral to me, and can be used for any occasion.
All pluses in my book!
The original card was designed by Lori Falls, who has since passed away, but Debbie Duval had these directions on her blog Willowbark Stamping and gave us the a-ok to use them.
Here are the steps to make Lori’s card:
Lovely as a Tree Reflection Technique
- For best results, use Glossy White cardstock and stamp the trees near the top of the paper.
- Stamp the same image again on a clear envelope (or something equally transferable, like a sheet of acetate), flip it over, line up the image underneath the original one and press gently to transfer the image onto the glossy paper.
- Use a punched round circle to create a mask on the top and bottom parts (line it up at the same place). Sponge around them with ink and then remove, leaving the moon a nice white.
- Use a similar shaped piece of vellum paper to lay over the bottom half of the image (makes it even more like water) – tear the top edge and sponge it with dark ink to define the edge of the pond. Then use a bit of glue and some dazzling diamonds glitter to create a snowbank!
- The sentiment is stamped on the vellum layer. First in versamark, then in night of navy ink and gently heat emboss with a mixture of clear embossing powder and dazzling diamonds glitter. (be careful not to heat vellum too much, it curls!)
Details & Supplies Used (All from Stampin’ Up):
- Lovely As A Tree (Wood-Mount 115026 $33.95, Clear 127793 $24.95, Digital Download 125779 $4.95)
- Peace on Earth from ‘Four the Holidays’ (retired, but try Sweet Essentials or any other sentiment)
- Sweet Essentials (Wood-Mount 126455 $24.95, Clear-Mount 126457 $17.95)
- Card Base: 8½ X 5½”, scored at 4¼” and folded in half – Bashful Blue 8-1/2X11 Card Stock (105120 $8.50)
- Mat Layer: 3¾” x 5” – Night Of Navy 8-1/2X11 Card Stock (100867 $8.50)
- Stamped Layer: 3½” x 4¾” – Glossy White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock (102599 $7.25)
- Stamped Sentiment Vellum Overlay: 3½ x 3½ (and then torn to fit image) – White Vellum 8-1/2X11 Card Stock (101856 $7.95)
- Trees, Sentiment & used sponge to edge vellum – Night Of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad (126970 $7.25)
- Sponge sky and reflected water – Bashful Blue Classic Stampin’ Pad (126961 $7.25)
- Versamark Pad (102283 $9.95)
- Circle Mask: Punch out of a post-it note (get the sticky part so you can easily reposition!) – 1-3/8 Inch Circle Punch (119860 $21.95)
- Stamp Transfer Sheet: Clear Cellophane Envelope or piece of acetate big enough to stamp tree image on – Medium Translucent Clear Envelopes (102619 $5.95)
- Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter (102023 $5.50)
- Snowbank adhesive – 2-Way Glue Pen (100425 $5.95)