What comes to your mind when you think of July? I always think about, the 4th of July, swimming, camping, family picnics, and of course homemade pies. These adorable American Pie cupcakes will be the hit of your family gatherings this summer. These cupcakes are adorable and quite easy to make. A summertime crowd pleaser! You will be the one to shine with your family and friends.
We found this recipe on Tasty Kitchen. Make sure you stop by to see more of the wonderful recipes there. In the meantime, here is the recipe for you to start making these adorable cupcakes.
- 1 Box Butter Pecan Cake Mix 18 Ounce Box
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable or Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Cups Fresh Raspberries
- 3 Tablespoons Strawberry Glaze
- 20 Ounces Apple Pie Filling
- 20 Ounces Peach Pie Filling
- 20 Ounces Buttercream Frosting
- 2 Tablespoons Caramel Frosting
- 12 Red Cupcake Papers
- 12 Blue Cupcake Papers
- 2 Cupcake Pans
- 1 Flat Piping Tip (Wilton’s TIp #44 or something similar in shape)
- 1 Piping Bag
- 1 Couple
- Cupcake Rack
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- Combine Butter, Pecan Cake Mix, Eggs, Water, and Oil in mixer according to directions on cake box.
- Fill Cupcake pans with red red and blue cupcake papers.
- Fill each cupcake paper between 1/4 and 1/2 of the way up with batter
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for approximately 13 minutes. Verify cooking instructions on back of your cake mix box. Remember you are creating more shallow cupcakes than is typical in order to leave room for the fruit, so these cupcakes will bake more quickly than what the box suggests.
- Test cupcakes by inserting toothpick into the center of one cake in each pan.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Gently wash all Raspberries and mix them in a large bowl with 3 tablespoons of strawberry glaze.
- Open can of apple and peach pie filling and cut fruit slices into small square placing peaches in one bowl and apples in another, discard the excess glaze in cans.
- Place raspberries onto desired number of unfrosted cupcakes making sure to fill all gaps and create a dome shape that comes to the top of the cupcake paper.
- Spoon diced apples and peaches onto desired number of unfrosted cupcakes making sure to fill all gasps and create a dome shape that comes to the top of the cupcake paper.
- Mix 20 ounces of buttercream frosting with 2 tablespoons of caramel frosting until well blended. Add more caramel frosting if a deeper brown color is desired.
- Prepare piping bag with flat tip attachment and fold bag inside out half way filling the bag with frosting mixture, twist bag closed squeezing frosting toward the tip.
- Pipe hatch marks across top of fruit on each cupcake making sure both ends of each stripe meet the cupcake paper.
- Using an up and down motion squiggle a mock pie crust around the edges of the cupcakes in section taking breaks to turn cupcake as needed in order to reach next section.
- Place each cupcake in fridge to chill immediately after piping on the frosting in order to set the shape of the frosting and avoid melting.
- If your frosting seems to be coming out of piping bag too quickly or won’t hold shape place entire piping bag in the fridge for 5 minutes to chill.
- Cupcakes should be kept in fridge until ready to serve in order to ensure the best shape and appearance.