The holidays are coming and it is that time of year to start planning yummy goodies for all your parties! These adorable and delicious cupcakes will be the talk of the party, along with adding color and charm to any table.
These fun cupcakes will be a super treat for your little ones as well. They are easier to make than you might think, so let them join in on the fun of decorating. You’ll be creating memories that will be cherished forever!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the eggs, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; mix well. Pour into 18 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
For filling, beat cream cheese and sugar in another mixing bowl. Add egg and salt; mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls into center of each cupcake. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25- 30 minutes. Cool completely and then place in refrigerator to chill.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 2 pounds confectioner’s sugar
1. In a large bowl stir together the shortening and corn syrup. Mix in the salt and vanilla flavoring, then gradually mix in the confectioner’s sugar until it is a stiff dough. If you are using a stand mixer, use the dough hook attachment, otherwise knead by hand. If the dough is sticky, knead in more confectioner’s sugar until it is smooth. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
2. To use, roll out on a clean surface that has been dusted with confectioner’s sugar until it is 1/8 inch thick. Cut strips for your ribbons and create squares for your presents. The bow was created using a tiny part of a cookie cutter. Place the presents on the chilled cupcakes and add gold beads around the presents. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.