2013 has come to an end but its not too late to get organized for the 2014 year. It’s only the beginning of March. We can still catch up. :-). Debbie Carriere has created this perpetual calendar that’s perfect for keeping track of your special events, year after year. The beauty of this project is how easy it is to customize. A basic construction ensures that it comes together quickly so you can begin keeping track of those special events in your life like birthdays, anniversaries, and other events that are important to you & your loved ones.
You will begin by Sealing twelve A2 sized envelopes and trim each to 5 5/8″ long. You will barely be cutting anything off. You’re basically slicing a sliver off to have a clean opening at the top. You will need to Cut twelve pieces of Cream Card Stock to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.” Stamp the notebook paper image from the LLD Journal It – Take Note in Steel Grey Ink. Re-position and stamp the image three more times to cover the entire panel. Repeat the stamping on the reverse side of each piece. Cut each panel using the 4 x 5 1/4″ Die-namics from Blueprints 6.
On the front and back of each card, stamp the numbers from LLD Journal It – Calendar Basics, in Razzle Berry Ink. Cut the months from the LLD Accent It – Months of the Year from Steel Grey Card Stock. Attach each month to the appropriately dated card. Cut a tab from Razzle Berry Card Stock and adhere it to the back of each card ensuring that it doesn’t extend more than 1/4″ beyond the edge.
Embellish the front & back covers as desired & enclose each monthly card within an envelope.
Sew a loop of ribbon to a button & glue over the magnetic closure on the small flap. I recommend using rare earth magnets as they are very small & unbelievably strong. If desired, cut a Vertical Gift Card Pocket from card stock and attach to the inside back cover to store postage stamps. You’re now ready at any given time to send out that special card .
As you create your one of a kind cards all you have to do now is slide your handmade cards into the appropriate envelope & mail when the time comes up. Even your stamps are conveniently at hand. As painful as it is for some of us, being so organized is a very good thing.
If you truly plan on recreating this adorable project, you can go to directly onto the My Favorite Things website for more detailed directions & additional photos on the construction of the binder itself.
- Journal-It Pocket Calendar (My Favorite Things 2275 $17.99)
- Journal-It Take Note (My Favorite Things 2166 $17.99)
- Calendar Basics (My Favorite Things $15.99)
- Background Typewriter Text (My Favorite Things 2278 $16.99)
- Blueprints 6 Die-namics (My Favorite Things 2127 $33.99)
- Blueprints 5 Die-namics (My Favorite Things 2076 $33.99)
- LLD Labels & Tags Accent It (My Favorite Things 1851 $21.99)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Cardstock – My Favorite Things Pink Lemonade, Razzle Berry, Steel Grey, Whip Cream, Envelopes Whip Cream
- Dies – My Favorite Things Die-namices Fishtail Flags Stax, Vertical Gift card Pocket, LLD 3×4 Insert, LLD Months of the Year Accents
- Ink – My Favorite Things Premium Dye Ink Pink Lemonade, Razzle Berry, Steel Grey
- Accessories – My Favorite Things Razzle Berry Buttons