Are you planning a summer wedding or maybe even a bridal shower? These beautiful Petits Fours will make your table look so elegant and beautiful. They are so yummy too!
Here are the Ingredients and Directions on how to make these wonderful desserts.
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1/4 Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 3 Eggs Whites
- 2 Pounds Confectioners Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Teaspoons Orange Extract
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
- 2 Tablespoons Shortening
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons Milk
- Gel, Liquid or paste food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy., Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition, In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gently fold into batter.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20- 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut a thin slice off each side of cake. Cut cake into 1 – 1/4 inch squares. Place 1/2 inch apart on a rack in a 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Beat on low speed just until blended; beat on high until smooth. Apply glaze evenly over tops and side of cake squares, allowing excess to drip off. Let dry. Repeat if necessary to thoroughly coat squares. Let dry completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream the butter, shortening and vanilla. Beat in confectioner’s sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Place 1/2 cup each in two bowls; tint one light turquoise and one dark turquoise.
- Last you will create your designs, roses, and bows.
Makes approximately 30 Petit Fours