. . . with a touch of Glitter Masking thrown in for good measure!
by Brenda Smalle
Did you know that you can stamp directly on top of glitter (or flocking too)??? It opens up a whole new world. The glitters work best if they are a light color and our semi-transparent glitters work great – however, light colored opaque glitters also will do the trick. Our new micro-fine glitters with their velvety finish will also work.
How to do it? Easy Peasy
- Take a sheet of Super Adhesive Sheet (SAS02) – remove the protective backing off one side (preferably the paper-like side) and save that(for the Glitter Masking technique).
- Lay the sticky side down on a piece of cardstock.
- Use die cuts (or just trim to square or rectangle size needed) for the shape you want for your background
- Peel the other remaining protective layer off (save that for the Glitter Masking technique)
- From the original protective covering that you removed (the paper-like side) – scribble over the non-glossy side and punch out an oval.
- Place the oval (glossy side down) onto the die cut.
- Add your background glitter color and rub in well with your fingers.
- Brush off any excess.
- Peel off the mask and cover the masked area with a lighter glitter color and rub in well with your fingers.
- Stamp your image in the center with Staz-On ink.
You can also do the same technique using flocking….
NOTE: You can do this technique using any of the various sizes of Tear-ific Tape – here’s an example using the 2 1/2″ Tape (SAT11).
Start the same way by placing the tape sticky side down onto cardstock and continue on from there.
You can embellish over the stamped image using the Dimensional Glue and glitter or flocking AND you can color over the glitter or flocking with your Copic markers. Be careful when coloring with the Copics near the stamped edges as they don’t play well with Staz-on ink.
Here are some more examples of stamping and coloring on top of glitter:
Here’s another example of stamping and coloring over flocking:
Now that you see just how easy this is and what fun techniques – try it out for yourself!
Copyright Notice: All text and images are copyrighted and held by each individual person who created the text and/or created the image(s).
NOTE: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The text and images may not be distributed, or republished, on any form from this website without first obtaining written permission of the copyright holder(s).
2 thoughts on “Stamping on Glitter . . .”
What a great article Brenda and love all the artwork displaying the technique.
Great idea. Love the cards.
Comments are closed.