What is a better decoration for Valentine’s Day than a cute basket of homemade hearts! These cute little hearts I found on Pinterest. They looked so cute and easy so I thought why not give them a try, right?
These are really very simple to make.
- Fabric 1/4 yard of each different style of your choice
- One bag of polyester stuffing or wool stuffing.
- Sewing Machine and thread
- Pick up several different types of fabrics (your choice of 3-4 different fabrics ) 1/4 of a yard each.
- Cut out 2 hearts of each (I made mine at 4″)
- With right sides together, sew around heart leaving a small space open to turn project right side out.
- Turn right side out. I like to iron mine so the seams are pressed.
- Take your stuffing and stuff the heart to the fullness that you desire.
- Stitch close the open area where you stuffed the heart.
- Fun part now… you can add buttons, ribbon, lace, flowers, etc.
I created 10 hearts that filled up my medium size basket.
There you have it… a cute Valentines decoration for your home! Have fun creating!
Happy Valentine’s Day!