It is so hard to try and remember all the Birthdays of family and friends. This creative Birthday Box is such a tremendous idea to keep those birthdays organized throughout the year. Thank you Vicki Wizniuk from Wizard’s Hangout for sharing this with us.
There are six tabbed dividers. When the first half of the year is over, flip over the cards and you have the next six months on the reverse side.
There is a pocket on both sides of the dividers so you can print up blank calendar sheets to tuck inside each pocket. These calendars are completely removable and can be replaced as needed.
I just love the idea of having one place with all the dates of everyone’s birthday. I need to start making cards and sticking them in between the dividers. I now will never forget a birthday, but I will also have a birthday card all ready to go. Wouldn’t this make a great gift?
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CARD KEEPER:
- With your cardstock cut one 11 X 7″ and one 7″ X 6″
- Usig the ScorPal, score the longer piece on its long side and .5″, 3″, 8, and 10.5″. Place the diagonal plate on the ScorPal and at the 8″ mark, score down.
- Flip the page completely over (not turn, but flip to the back side) and score again at the 8″ mark diagonally.
- Fold and trim off the corners.
- Add Sticky Strip to the two .5″ flaps on the side.
- Remove the diagonal plate from your ScorPal. On your next piece of cardstock, score at .5″ and 3″ on the longer side. Turn 90 degrees and score at .5 and 5.5″ on the shorter side.
- Trim the flaps as above. Place sticky strip on each of the .5 flaps.
- Fold the .5″ flaps up and line the longest one along the inside back for your other piece. Adhere.
- Fold in the wings and adhere to the base flaps.
- Fold up the front and adhere to the remaining .5″ flaps.
- To make the notch, measure in half way from the side and mark with a pencil. Make sure you mark it. Don’t eyeball it.
- Next, you will need two pieces of white cardstock that are 6 7/8″ X 2 7/8″. Line them up with the diagonal plate and score straight down from the 0 mark. Trim this corner piece on each white strip.
- For the front, cut a piece of white 4 7/8″ X 5 7/8″. Mark again in the middle and this time, punch it with the 21/2″ Circle Punch.
- 6 dividers measuring 6″ x 4 3/4″ (cut 6)
- The B&T Pockets measure 2 1/2 x 4 3/4″ (cut 12)
- The calendar inserts were printed double-sided and trimmed to 5″ x 3 3/4″ (used 3 sheets of 8 1/2″ x 11″ Colonial White CS)
- Colonial White CS (Close to My Heart 1388 $9.50)
- Cotton Candy CS (Close to My Heart x5760 $14.50)
- Sweet Leaf CS (Close to My Heart x56398 $14.50)
- Black Exclusive Inks (Close to My Heart Z2105 $5.25)
- 2 1/4″ Circle Punch (EK Success $16.99)
- Round Tab Punch (McGill 68600 $14.99)
- Daisies #2 Die (Sizzix $2.99)
- Just Blooms Flutter Paper Shapes (CTMH Z1463 $5.95)
- Clear Sparkles (CTMH Z1752 $2.95)
- Opaque Pearl Adhesive Gems (CTMH Z1336 $2.95)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- CTMH Lucy B&T Cardstock
- CTMH Save the Date Stamp
- CTMH Creme Brulee Paper flower
- CTMH Sweet Leaf Stitched Grosgrain
- EK Success 2 1/2″ Circle Punch
- EK Success 5/8″ Circle Punch
- ScorTape (ScorPal)
- Score Board (Martha Stewart)
- Diagonal Scoring Plate (SU)