Fall is one of my favorite seasons of the year. Living next to the mountains and watching the leaves change, and feeling the cooler temperatures come in makes one really enjoy the season. When I came upon this stunning shadowbox frame, I knew I had to make one of these for my autumn home decor. I found this on the Lawn Fawn blog. This was created by Nichol Magouirk and I would like to say Thank You for her wonderful inspiration.
Using the brand new Tag “You’re It” Lawn Cuts die, cut the tags from a variety of neutral backgrounds such as wood paper, canvas, and white cardstock. Create the title tag by using stamps with Versamark and heat emboss them in gold embossing powder. Die cut the canvas letters spelling “Autumn” using the brand new “Cole’s ABC” Lawn Cuts.
Use Tim Holtz Distress Inks on the die cut leaves, mixing 2 to 3 colors per leaf to get the desired color. Take a mini mister and spritz them to get the splotchy water effect. Tim’s inks move nicely when it comes into contact with the water droplets and gives the leaves a colorful texture.
Using tiny tiny stick pins, attach the leaves to the tags and the canvas background of the frame.
Add additional detailing using Lawn Fawn Gold Sparkle Twine, Into the Woods Sequins, Tim Holtz metal embellishments and additional stamping. The names of the leaves were stamped with the new Lawn Fawn stamp “Milo’s ABC’s”.
Everything in the frame is completely removable. Everything is attached with mini straight pins including the sequins so that you can change it up from season to season if you desire to do so.
So here you have it, a beautiful masterpiece. Once again Thank You Nichol. You can find more of her wonderful creations on her blog Nichol Magouirk. Thank You for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day creating!
- Claudine Hellmuth Natural Sticky Back Canvas (Studio Ranger $9.94)
- Stitched Leaves Lawn Cuts Die (Lawn Fawn LF577 $14.99)
- Cole’s ABC Lawn Cuts Die (Lawn Fawn LF576 $19.99)
- Tag You’re It Lawn Cuts Dies (Lawn Fawn LF575 $11.949)
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Memo Pins (Advantus $2.99)
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metal Word Bands (Advantus $2.99)
- Fall Leaf Lawn Ornaments Mixed Sequins (Lawn Fawn $2.99)
- Into The Woods Lawn Ornaments Mixed Sequins (Lawn Fawn $2.99)
- Gold Sparkle Single Cord Trimmings (Lawn Fawn $3.99)
- Hot Cocoa Single Cord Trimmings (Lawn Fawn $2.99)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Hobby Lobby Shadowbox Pinboard Frame
- Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock , Simon Says Stamps Cherry Wood Veneer Paper, Birch Wood Veneer Paper
- Stamps: Stampin’ Up Of The Earth Stamp Set (Emerson quote stamp), Hand Penned Holidays (“Give Thanks”)
- Accessories: Stampin’ Up Book Plate, White Hinge Clips
- Inks: Tim Holtz/Ranger Barn Door, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olive Green, Forest Moss Green, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, Tsukineko Frost Dazzle Versamark , American Crafts Zing Gold Metallic Glitter Embossing Powder
- Tools: Ranger Ink Blending Tool, Ink Blending Tool Foam Refills, Mini Mister, Non Stick Craft Sheet, Here Arts Heat Embossing Tool, Big Shot
- Misc: Ttiny Gold Straight Pins