Do you have any old rustic items around your home? This is such a fun way to add new life to an old object! This would look so stinkin’ cute in any room of the house. This amazing piece of home decor would be so much fun to create. If you don’t have an item around your home you can find these at garage sales, thrift stores, and estate sales. You will be surprised what you can find.
This adorable washboard was created by Rhea Freitag. Using the Graphic 45 French Country Collection gave it the rustic charm look, and was perfect for this project.
This creation also highlights some of the wonderful uses of the French Country cardstock flowers. The flowers were placed strategically to help cover the imperfections of this washboard, it’s an easy fix.
This was a very well used washboard and the surfaces were quite warped. Because of this Rhea had to embrace imperfection a bit. Using a very wet glue application helped to get the paper to adhere.
With just a little creative thinking you can take any item and simply create a beautiful home decor piece. A very big Thank You to Rhea Freitag for sharing today’s wonderful inspiration. You can visit her blog for more creative home decor ideas!
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
- French Country 12 x 12 (Graphic 45 gf-4500640 $19.99)
- French Country Patterns and Solids 6 x 6 (Graphic 45 gf-4500648 $7.99)
- Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger gb-tim21421 $5.00)
- French Country Sticker Sheet (Graphic 45 G45-S12-0644 $3.99)
- French Country Flowers (Graphic 45 gf-4500642 $4.49)
- Stamped Metal Brads (Graphic 45 gf-4500422 $6.49)
From Your Own Stash:
- Modge Podge Matte Finish
- Lace Ribbon
- Old washboard