I discovered this amazing mini album designed by Anna-Karin on The Sizzix Blog. I highly recommend stopping by both blogs for a huge dose of inspiration. Anna-Karin used Eileen Hull’s new Garden Gate Album and lots of new Karen Burniston Journey dies.
The Garden Gate Album is so pretty and such fun to use. For mini-albums, smaller sized patterned paper pads are great and here Anna used Graphic 45 Secret Garden 8 x 8 and 6 x 6 papers.
Mix a little bit of Walnut Stain Distress Paint into Wendy Vecchi’s Embossing Paste. Don’t add too much paint, since the paste might become too thin then.
Smear the paste through a woodgrain stencil, using a palette knife or an old plastic card.
When the paste is dry, paint with Antique Linen Distress Paint. Use a paint brush since the texture of the paste might damage the dabber top.
Ink the edges with Gathered Twigs.
Cover a piece of mat board with patterned paper. Die cut the title with the Word Play die. Also die cut flowers from mat board, using the Bouquet Leaves die. Ink with Victorian Velvet, Bundled Sage, and Gathered Twigs and stamp with a script stamp.
Add a second word to one of the letters with rub-ons and glue the title and flowers to the fence. Apply strong adhesive (Anna used Wonder Tape) to the spine of the gate and adhere to the spine of the back piece to form the base of the album.
Start to create your inner pages by stamping the pages with a variety of background stamps, using your Distress Ink and Versafine Vintage Sepia.
Cut a piece of transparency slightly larger than your pages and stamp it with different stamps using Stazon Cotton White ink. I love the look of stamping in white on a clear surface like acrylic or transparencies. The inside of this beautiful mini album is where you can really make it your own.
To see Anna-Karin’s full tutorial in all its glory, be sure to stop be her blog Layers Of Ink. You will be in awe when you see the inside of her album.
Here’s a picture of the back of the album. The texture of the woodgrain is just gorgeous.
My hope for you is to be fearless when it comes to your creativity, to try new things and most important to have fun!
Thanks for visiting and have a very creative day.
ALBUM COVER SUPPLIES
- Secret Garden 8×8 Pad (Graphic 45 gf-4500661 $10.99 )
- Little Sizzles Cream 6×13 Mat Board (Sizzix $4.79)
- 19th Century French Script (Hero Arts, ac015 $13.99)
- Woodgrain Background Stamp (Hero Arts, cg506 $11.99)
- Eileen Hull Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die – Album, Garden Gate
- Eileen Hull Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die – Window Box
- Eileen Hull Sizzix Bigz Die – Leaves, Bouquet
- Eileen Hull Sizzix Bigz L Die – Envelope, Seed Packet
- Eilleen Hull Sizzix Bigz Die – Phrase, Bloom & Plant Markers
- Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix: Word Play Bigz XL Die
- 6×6 Woodgrain Mask Stencil (Prima pri-564285 $4.99)
- Idea-ology Chit Chat Stickers (Tim Holtz TH93050 $4.99)
- Idea-ology Word Remnants Rub-Ons (Tim Holtz TH93055 $3.99)
SUPPLIES FOR COMPLETING REST OF ALBUM:
Stain: Ranger Distress Stain Brushed Pewter