Halloween is one of my absolute favorite holidays to decorate or create for. So when I discovered this frightfully adorable Halloween decor piece, I just fell in love. I’d like to send out a big thanks to Hilary, author of the Hilary Scraps Blog for allowing us to share today’s inspiration. I highly recommend stopping by for a visit anytime you need a burst of inspiration.
Hilary created this little guy using 3 different Sizzix Dies, Brenda Walton Sizzix Bigz Die – Cone, Faceted, Tim Holtz Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die: Mini Paper Rosettes, and Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix: Word Play Bigz XL Die.
If you are as inspired as I am to make this fun Shabby Chic Halloween Treasure, you can view a full tutorial on Hilary’s Halloween project which was posted on the Sizzix blog. You can find it here.
Thanks for visiting & have a happy Halloween!
- Tim Holtz Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die Mini Paper Rosettes (Sizzix 657177 $19.99)
- Brenda Walton Bigz Die Faceted Cone (Sizzix 658344 $21.99)
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations Word Play Bigz XL Die (Sizzix 657837 $69.99)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Die Machine: Sizzix Big Shot, Vagabond or Big Shot Pro
- Paper: Halloween-Themed Patterned Paper
- Decor: Mini Decorative Fall Pumpkin, Small Paper Mache Box, Misc Rusty Bells, 4 Small Wooden Balls
- Paint: Black, Orange, Black Spray Paint
- Medium: Gesso, FolkArt Wooden Bucket Brown Antiquing Medium, Antique Matte Mod Podge
- Ink: Vintage Distress Ink
- Brushes: Foam, Fine Paintbrush,
- Misc: Vintage Silver Tinsel Ribbon, Chipboard, Sandpaper, Paper Towels, Hot Glue