Isn’t it funny how trends come and go and then one day they are back again. I am loving the trend of mason jars. It is so fun to be creative with mason jars even on paper. Embroidery hoops seem to be a trend as well. This charming card shows such a cute way of using the mason jar and then converting it over and put it in a hoop. This inspiration today was created by Linda McClain from Catered Crop.
First stamp the jar image onto translucent vellum using Steel Blue ink. Paint the jar with clear Crackle Paint. The lid of the jar is stamped onto Solar White paper then colored with a Copic Marker, and pieced onto the jar. Cut a slit into the jar lid with a craft knife so you can slip in a Sunflower leaf.
To make the sunflowers, stamp and die cut the sunflowers, hearts and leaves from Brown Bag Kraft cardstock. Stamp them once again and paper piece the flowers, leaves, and hearts using FarmHouse paper pad. Cut them out along the stamp line. Layer these on top of the die cut sunflowers using foam adhesive. Stamp the flowers again on black cardstock and cut out the flower centers. Paint on the center some clear three-dimensional gloss medium then sprinkle on black art glitter. Once that has dried, glue the centers onto the sunflowers. Next you will add just a little glitter to the tips of the largest sunflower with Stickles. Stamp the stems of the flowers with Steel Blue ink before gluing down the jar so the stems can be seen through the jar.
So give this a try. You will have so much and will love your end results.
Have a wonderful day crafting.
- Market Square 6 x 6 Pad (Farmhouse Paper Company MS0003 $6.99)
- Our Friendship Grows Clear Stamps (Lawn Fawn LF556 $15.00)
- Summertime Charm Clear Stamps (Lawn Fawn 65935 $14.99)
- Our Friendship Grows Die Cuts (Lawn Fawn LF572 $15.00)
- Summertime Charm Die Cuts (Lawn Fawn 06852 $11.99)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Cardstock – Cut Cardstock Toasted Nutmeg, Brown Bag Kraft, Crest Solar White, Natural Translucent Vellum
- Inks – Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, My Favorite Things ColorBox Steel Blue, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint Rock Candy, Tim Holtz Distressed Stickles Rock Candy, Copic Warm Grey W5, Gala Glitz Glitter Black
- Accessories – Lawn Fawn Twine Natural Hemp
- Adhesive – Stampin’ Up Crystal Effects, Tombo Liquid Glue