Isn’t this just about the cutest thing you ever did see. Do you need a darling baby gift? For under $10.00 you can make this darling Onesie and a gift bag. You will be a big hit with the new mother, and how precious will the new little one look in this!
Here are the instructions on how to turn a plain Onesie into a one of a kind gift for the baby.
1. Take a piece of cardboard and insert between the front and the back of a plain white Onesie. Stamp a sentiment onto the front of your Onesie (example Cute as a Button) if desired. Heat your image with an embossing heat gun or an iron set on low. Make sure to get the image on straight. You may want to practice on a piece of paper first. Sew buttons around the neck of the Onesie with embroidery floss if desired.
2. Cut ribbon for each ruffle double the width of the back of the Onesie. Pull out the wires of the ribbon. This should be pretty easy as the ribbon is really fine. Sew a gathering stitch along the edge of the ribbon. Turn raw edges under and pin ribbon to the Onesie. Sew. Repeat this step with each layer. After all the layers are attached, sew the ends down along each seam making sure to back-stitch at the beginning and the end.
3. Gather about 14″ of Pink Pom Pom Edged Wired Ribbon. Starting at the center, roll into a flower. Hand stitch layers together then hand stitch to the Onesie.
4. Now to decorate your gift bag. Pull the bottom wire out of ribbon completely. Pull the top wire to gather. Fold the ends back, and seal with a dot of hot glue. Cut off the excess ribbon and wire. Hot glue to bag. Repeat layers. Hot glue buttons to bag.
Now just personalize it with a handmade gift card, and your gift is complete.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
- Onesies (newborn or 3-6 month $9.99)
- Solid Pom-Pom Edged Wired Pink Ribbon (May Arts Ribbon $2.25)
- Pink Buttons (Jesse James 583815 $1.99)
- Toile Pink Ink (Palette Ink 02PALLETTP $8.00)
- Copic Markers (Copic $7.99)
- White Gift Bag (Dollar Tree 929051 $1.00)
From Your Own Stash: Stamps of Choice, Sewing Machine, Hot Glue Gun, Optional Jewelry Pliers make it easier to pull the wire out from the ribbon.