This is going to be one of your next “must make” projects. I can see this adorable little box used for just about any occasion; simply switch out the paper & embellishments. Dawn McVey shows us just how easy it is to make this gift box in just a few easy steps. If you die cut several of these boxes in advance, it really doesn’t take much longer than wrapping a gift. And you know you have a ton of amazing papers & embellishments to choose from.
So be the hero and give a gift within a gift.
I started out by die cutting some kraft card stock with the Essential Pillow Box die. I love that thing! It’s beyond easy to pop together…..literally just one strip of adhesive on the flap and you’re done. The sides just tuck in so simply…..and this little box is perfect for all kinds of small treats and even gift cards. So handy!
Dawn used a couple of Limitless Layers: 2 1/4″ heart dies to cut out the rustic cream and dark chocolate hearts and stamped the “BE MINE” heart from With All My Heart, as well as the cute little “4 EVER”. With All My Heart has several of those little sentiments that you can stamp in that cute little banner opening! I love that feature! She also added the circle label image again…the box itself was wrapped with some Dearest Jane patterned paper and the stripes from the Pure Poppy pattern pack, and then topped with some chocolate baker’s twine. How easy is that?
- Dearest Jane Patterned Paper (8 1/2″X11″ 62252 $12.00)
- Pure Poppy Individual Pattern (Stripe PP060 $6.00)
- With All My Heart Stamp Set (Papertry Ink 2613 $24.00)
- Limitless Layers: 2 1/4″ Hearts Die Collection (set of 5 Papertrey Ink PTD-0344 $20.00)
- Essential Pillow Box Die (Papertrey Ink PTD-0316 $22.00)
- Baker’s Twine Papertrey Ink (Chocolate TWN-003 $5.00)