You will want to make one for every occasion! And not to mention, just in time for Easter. I’d like to send out a big thank you to Nichole Heady author of Inspired Papertrey Ink Blog for allowing us to share her adorable project with you today. I highly recommend visiting Nichole’s blog, you will soon be adding her to your favorites.
As you can see here, the finished product with these new dies is just so polished & professional. The little “shaker-style” tabbed detail is definitely one of my favorite features!
Larger 1/4″ brads where used to hold the tabs together. You could also use buttons, mini brads, stitches and more to hold these beauties together.
The tag is die-cut with Fillable Frames #9 from Papertrey Ink’s white cardstock. The tag is stamped with one of the pre-arranged floral bouquets from Mini Blooms, doing selective inking with the points of the PTI ink pads using Lavender Moon, Winter Wisteria and Simply Chartreuse. The sentiment, also from Mini Blooms, was added using True Black ink.
As you can see, the basket is a fairly good size, measuring 1-7/8″ tall, 4-1/2″ wide and 3″ deep without the handle. It could definitely hold a substantial amount of goodies and/or treats! Here is an adorable Easter version. Too cute!
For the small basket, die-cut the pieces from Aqua Mist cardstock and assemble it with mini brads to help keep with the scale of the project.
You can see here just how cute the smaller version is! The handle become tall and narrow when used for this scale of bottom, just like a real Easter basket.
The tag was cut using Fillable Frames #9 from Spring Rain cardstock. It was than stamped with Mini Blooms using Fresh Snow ink. The bunny was cut from white cardstock and stamped with the coordinating image from Polka Dot Parade #1 using Winter Wisteria ink. A strip of Aqua Mist cardstock was added to the bottom of the tag to add the sentiment stamped in Spring Rain.
Note that the bunny’s adorable little tail is easy to die-cut and add with a bit of foam tape! The tag was tied onto the basket with Winter Wisteria Bitty Dot Ribbon.
In brief, you use one of the long tabbed side strips with the small bottom for the smallest basket. Or you can cut two tabbed strips and attach them end to end to be used with the large bottom. And another bonus? These dies were specifically designed to conserve cardstock. You can cut all the pieces necessary for one small basket from half a sheet of cardstock! And the large basket only needs a single sheet! This die collection has everything you need to create little Easter baskets in two different sizes! Just in time to hold some sweet treats for someone special, you can create your own darling Easter gift packaging in style! And don’t forget, these sweet little baskets are great for packaging up goodies year round! Wonderful for party favors, teacher’s gifts and so much more!
- Favor It Box 9 die collection
- Favor It Box 9 die collection contains a total of 6 dies. 3/8″ x 7-1/4″ (A), 7-1/4″ x 1-7/8″ (B), 3-5/8″ x 5-1/8″ (C), 1-3/4″ x 2-1/2″ (D), 2-3/4″ x 4-1/8″ (E), 1-3/8″ x 2″ (F)
- These dies create baskets in two different sizes. The assembled small basket (without handle) measures 1-7/8″ tall, 2-1/4″ wide and 1-1/2″ deep. The assembled large basket (without handle) measures 1-7/8″ tall, 4-1/2″ wide and 3″ deep.
Be sure to hop on over to Nichole’s blog as she has a great video on making these cute baskets.
My hope is to inspire you to be fearless when it comes to your creativity, to try new things and most important to have fun!
Thanks for visiting and have a very creative day.
- White cardstock (Papertrey Ink 3205 $6.00)
- Aqua Mist Cardstock (Papertrey Ink 64401 $3.00)
- Spring Rain Cardstock (Papertrey Ink 64417 $3.00)
- Mini Blooms (Papertrey Ink 2631 $24.00)
- Lavender Moon (Papertrey Ink 63107 $5.00)
- Winter Wisteria (Papertrey Ink 63143 $5.00)
- Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink 63107 $5.00)
- Fillable Frames #9 (Papertrey Ink PTD-0055 $5.00)
- Favor It Box 9 (Papertrey Ink PTD-0367 $34.00)
- Polka Dot Parade #1 (Papertrey Ink PTD-0359 $3.00)
- Winter Wisteria Bitty Dot Ribbon (Papertrey Ink PMR-643 $3.00)
From Your Own Stash: Brads