What a precious layout for such a priceless photo. This fun project that I am sharing with you today is designed by Jo Shien at Shien’s Paper Arts. Be sure and stop by her blog and see more of her beautiful projects. I know you will be inspired if you do. This darling layout was one of the challenges by Lawn Fawn “It’s All About Stitching.” The faux stitching adds so much to this layout and gives it the finished look.
I love how the embellishments on this sweet layout are perfectly placed to give some dimension and personality.
This layout is especially inspiring because of the different techniques used. Jo started out by stenciling triangles on the white cardstock. She then added different paper banners to create the background of the layout. By stacking the embellishments and several different die cuts, along with the photo gave this a 3D look. Jo used several of Lawn Fawn Stamp Sets then colored them with Copic Markers.
Again you can see how the faux stitching adds to the embellishments.
Finishing off this layout, Jo added a clothes line using Lawn Fawn Single Cord and a miniature clothespin. Thank You Jo Shein for sharing this with us.
Creativity involves breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
Have a Beautiful Spring Day!
- Here’s the Scoop Set (Lawn Fawn $15.00)
- A Birdie Told Me Set (Lawn Fawn $15.00)
- Home Sweet Home Set (Lawn Fawn $15.00)
- Blissful Botanicals Set ((Lawn Fawn $15.00)
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Ranger 21306 $5.99)
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (Tsukineko 900 $5.18)
- Copic Markers (Copic various $7.99)
- Home Sweet Home Lawn Cuts (Lawn Fawn $16.00)
- Blissful Botanical Lawn Cuts (Lawn Fawn $15.00)
- Quinn’s ABCs Lawn Cuts (Lawn Fawn $20.00)
Product Used (Not Shown)