Today we have a beautiful masterpiece to share with you. Rachelle Sigurdson really has a gift when it comes to creating lovely backgrounds and her use of embellishments. Don’t you just love the dimensional look she creates without a lot of bulkiness? Rachelle has kept the photo as the main focal point of this fabulous layout, even though there is a lot going on. What a beautiful way to display a priceless photo!
Rachelle used the beautiful papers from the Vintage Spring Collection by Maja Design.
She used chipboard and left some of the chipboard raw. She inked the edges of other chipboard in a brown distress ink, pulling out the brown in the paper.
Rachelle altered some of her chipboard by painting one denim and the other one yellow, then stamped them using the opposite color.
Once they dried, she applied a coat of crackle and allowed it to dry. Once the crackle was dry, Rachelle rubbed in some white paint using her finger to tone down the color.
With her distress ink she then went around the edges of the chipboard.
Here are a few more photos to show you her beautiful work!
Rachelle always creates perfectly placed layers that all come together so beautifully. I just love her style of layering products. I would like to say a huge thank you to Rachelle for sharing this with us. For more of her beautiful projects be sure to visit Little Embellishments Scrapbooking by Rachelle.
Thank you for stopping by; I hope you have a fun-filled crafting day!
- Vintage Spring Basics (Maja DesignMAJAVSB3
- Love This Arrows (Dusty Attic Chipboard $3.95)
- Number Grid Small (Dusty Attic Chipboard $5.30)
- Number Panel Small (Dusty Attic Chipboard $5.95)
- Number Border #1 (Dusty Attic Chipboard $5.95)
- String Of Hearts Frame Set (Dusty Attic Chipboard $10.95)
- Filmstrips Small (Dusty Attic Chipboard $3.95)
- Mini Chicken Wire (Dusty Attic Chipboard $3.95)
- Teeny Tiny ABC Set (Dusty Attic Chipboard $3.95)
Supplies Used (Not Shown)
- Navajo White Paint
- Sunshine Paint
- Denim Paint
- Clear Crackle Varnish