Do you have a hard time remembering all of your family members birthdays? This is a fantastic way of being reminded every day of every month who’s birthday it is. My daughter made one of these for a Christmas gift for her mother-in-law, and boy was this gift a big hit. Everyone now wants her to make them one (including me). It is not only such a great way of remembering birthdays, but also what a fun decor to hang on your wall.
One thing fun about making your board you can customize it to your home decor style. Here are a few more samples below.
You can even make one for the sports lover at your home.
Here are some instructions on how to make this fun Birthday board.
- Paint your board and hanging pieces your choice of color
- Apply vinyl lettering, or use a stencil for your lettering. Chalkboard paint is a fun alternative, using chalk pen for the hanging pieces.
- Center eye hooks under each month and screw into the wood. starting 1″ in from left to right, screw 2″ apart, 12 hooks total.
- Screw eye hook into center of each circle or star, both top and bottom. The easiest way is to use eye hooks and open one side with your pliers. You must pre-drill: Use the smallest drill bit 1/16″. It will help prevent cracking.
- Hang the specific hanging piece under each month.
- Using vinyl for the itty-bitty lettering works but it takes a lot of time cutting and weeding all of your names. There is so many cute and fun scrapbook paper and stickers that this will save you a lot of time.
Now you will never forget a birthday, and everyone will be so impressed with your new wall decor. For more fun projects be sure to hop on over to Lolly Jane. These twin sisters Ksristi and Kelli will give you so much inspiration.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a fun filled crafting day!
- Acrylic or Spray Paint (JoAnn Fabric and Craft Store prd2197 $2.49)
- Vinyl Lettering or Stencil (JoAnn Fabric and Craft Store zprd_01852227a $9.99)
- Hanging Pieces (circles, stars, etc.) 3/16″ thick pieces (JoAnn Fabric and Craft Store 9810482 $3.99)
Supplies Used (not shown):
- 24 inch x 8 inch wood- Hobby Lobby
- Drill Bit 1/16 Inch
- Eye Hooks