Do you have kraft tags sitting in your craft room stash? Sometimes we purchase collection packs of paper and have leftover tags that we keep and tuck away. Here is a beautiful tag that will get you inspired to pull those tags out of your drawers and create something beautiful and unique. This gorgeous tag was created by Linda Coughlin, a wonderful Funkie Junkie design team member. Thank you, Linda, for sharing such a beautifully inspirational piece with us.
Linda started with a jumbo manila tag and embossed it with Regal Flourish texture fade, using the diffuser to prevent embossing in the center oval so she could stencil and stamp in that area. Using the Live and Make Art set, she used the script stamp and stamped it in Jet Black archival. The entire tag was then sponged with Vintage Photo distress ink and the high points with gold ink. Linda then stenciled a flourish pattern using a Prima stencil and Peacock Feathers distress ink, then stamped the sentiment using Jet Black archival.
Linda created the frame using a combination of the cameo frame die and a sized oval die. Gold Embossing Paste was spread over it, then allowed to dry thoroughly, and then Crackled Embossing Paste was spread over it. Once the crackle was dry, she used a paint brush and applied Bundled Sage distress stain. Two coats of Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel were then applied. The oval cut was a tad too big and a small gap would show through, so Linda cut a strip with the Vintage Lace decorative strip die from white cardstock, then applied Vintage Photo distress ink and more of the gold ink. Using scissors, she made small cuts all along the outside edge so it would curve around the inside of the frame and lay flat. It was then adhered to the back of the frame.
The gold corners added so much to the frame, however, they were very bright and shiny, so Linda took some gold alcohol ink fixative and a paintbrush and stippled on the gold fixative. When it was dry, she sponged over it with a little Vintage Photo distress ink to age it even more. The tag was finished off with a few layered die cuts from the Tattered Flowers and Spring Greenery decorative strip dies along with a butterfly die cut. The embellishment was topped off with a pretty rhinestone center.
Hope you enjoy this inspirational tag. Thank you for stopping by – have a great day!
- Damask and Regal Flourishes Set – Sizzix/Tim Holtz
- Alterations Embossing Diffuser 1 – Sizzix/Tim Holtz
- Movers and Shapers Die Cameo Frame – Sizzix/Tim Holtz
- Movers and Shapers Die Oval Shape – Sizzix/Tim Holtz
- Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die – Vintage Lace – Sizzix/Tim Holtz
- Decorative Strip Die Spring Greenery – Sizzix/Tim Holtz
- Decorative Strip Die Tattered Flower Garland – Sizzix/Tim Holtz
- Vintage Photo Distress Ink– Tim Holts
- Archival Jet Black Ink – Ranger
- Peacock Feathers Distress Ink – Tim Holtz
- Embossing Ink Clear Distress Ink – Tim Holtz
- Bundled Sage Distress Stain – Tim Holtz
- Adirondack Alcohol Ink Gold Mixative – Ranger
Supplies Used (Not Shown):
- Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste Gold
- Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste Crackle
- Gold Tone Corners
- Clear Blue Resin Rhinestone
- Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel
- Mini Ink Blending Tool
- Prima Mask Stencils
- Paint Brushes