Do you have a student heading off to college? Or maybe you have a home office that needs some help in the organizational department. Than you are going to love this decorative, yet functional piece designed by the very talented Annette Green.
Annette is an incredible designer, she really has a gift for thinking outside the box and using bits of this & pieces of that to create some very unique pieces. I highly recommend watching Annettes tutorial on creating this gorgeous organization station. She shares some fun ways to transform common or generic items while creating a real one of a kind treasure.
This piece is larger than it looks, the frame measures 18X18. I love how Annette recycles items that she finds at her craft store, you don’t have to limit yourself to the scrapbook section. Some of my best embellishments were found in the clearance aisle in other sections of the store. A little ink, paint, paper, distressing & of course a little imagination can go a long way.
This sweet notepad holder started out as an inexpensive chalkboard, Annette stained it a rich tone then added some patterned paper from the French Country Collection and embellished it with those cute Graphic 45 draw pulls..
I hope you have been inspired to look at things in a different way, just because something started out one color doesn’t mean it has to stay that way 😉 Have fun with your art & remember things aren’t always what they seem.
Thanks for the visit & I wish you a very creative day!
- French Country 12×12 Paper Collection (Graphic 45 gf-4500640 $19.99)
- French Country 6×6 Patterns & Solids (Graphic 45 gf-4500648 $7.49)
- Ornate Metal Door Plate & Knob (Graphic 45 gf-4500297 $10.49)
- Antique Metal Keyhole (Graphic 45 gf-4500546 $6.99)
- Antique Metal Door Pull (Graphic 45 gf-4500548 $6.99)
- French Country Chipboard 1 (Graphic 45 gf-4500646 $5.99)
- French Country Cardstock Flowers (Graphic 45 gf-4500642 $4.49)
Supplies Used (Not Shown)
- Wooden box, spools and letter J
- Cork tile, 6 x 6
- Mini chalkboard