These Lemon Cream Cheese Cupcakes just scream summer, so with this being the beginning of summer I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to share. I’d like to thank Your Cup Of Cake anytime you need some sweet inspiration. for sharing her little bit of sunshine with us today. Be sure to check out Lizzie’s Blog
Lemon Cream Cheese Cupcakes
1 box white cake mix
1/3 C. oil
1/2 C. fresh lemon juice
Zest of 2 lemons
1 C. sour cream
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 C. butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
3-5 C. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl.
3. Add oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, sour cream and eggs and stir until smooth.
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Let cool.
6. Lemon cream cheese frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla extract, lemon juice and 2 C. powdered sugar. Continue to add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
7. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles.
Sit back & let the compliments roll in.
Thanks for stopping in for a visit & I hope you have an amazing day.