This outstanding layout was created by Jan Hobbins. Jan had created this for CHA in the Tim Holtz booth. Using the new Tim Holtz textures and fades dies gave this such a great masculine look. Be sure to check out Jan’s blog In My Own Imagination for more of her fabulous projects. Thank You Jan for allowing us to share your amazing layout.
The new papers from Tim’s Wallflower collection was used, along with the Expedition Ephemera pack, Framed plastic Alpha Parts, monocle, Chipboard Alpha Chips and file tabs. Jan also used the Prize Ribbon die, the texture fade Chevron & Lattice set, and Chevron Frameworks Die.
Tim Holtz products are made for altering and in this project you will alter a lot. The plastic parts after a light sanding, take his paint beautifully. The background type dies and embossing folders are perfect for adding different products. There is a little bit of everything on these pieces, paint, stain, ink, rock candy crackle paint, and embossing powder. You will have so much fun playing with all of the new Tim Holtz products and creating your own altering.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditonal style. Take a look at your projects in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
- Wall Flower Collection (Tim Holtz TH93110 /22.1 $14.99)
- Prize Ribbons (Sizzix/Tim Holtz 659438 $19.99)
- Chevron Frameworks (Sizzix/Tim Holtz 659428 $15.99)
- Mini Eiffel Tower & Shield (Sizzix/Tim Holtz 659443 $15.99)
- Ephemera Expedition Pack (Tim Holtz pp-avth93115 $4.99)
- Framed Plastic Alpha Parts (Tim Holtz TH93117 /2.3 $7.99)
- File Tabs (Tim Holtz H93001 /3.1 $8.99)
- Monocoles (Tim Holtz H93129 /0.8 $7.99)
Supplies Used (Not Shown):
- Rock Candy Crackle Paint
- Embossing Powder
- Garden Greens Die Cut
- Spring Greenery Die Cut
- Chevron & Lattice Set
- Chipboard Alpha Chips
- Chiseled Industrial Stickers