Have you ever thought about stamping on clothing? I have to admit, it really had never crossed my mind.
But take a look at this beautiful project. And wouldn’t you just smile inside knowing that you created it yourself?
We found this project on the Penny Black blog. Their designer Cathy Andronicou really took stamping off the page! Cathy has a great video tutorial on this page. Go ahead and take a look. This project is much simpler to make than it looks.
First, you want to stamp the images in Tuxedo Black Memento Luxe ink. Then iron the shirt to set the ink.
Next, using the stencils that match the stamps, color in the leaves with Memento Luxe ink. Memento Luxe ink is permanent once set with heat. Repeat the process using the matching stencils and ink colors you desire. Remember to set the color with an iron before going to the next step.
After stamping and coloring in the images, Cathy recommends adding some dimensional color with Tsukinecko All Purpose inks and blending with water. Tsukinecko All-Purpose inks are permanent when set with heat. Once you are done, set the whole project with an iron. And it’s ready to wear!
I hope you will try this project, it really won’t take much time at all!
Have a wonderfully crafty day 🙂
- Tuxedo Black Memento Luxe (Tsukineko)
- Pear Tart Memento Luxe (Tsukineko)
- Dandelion Memento Luxe (Tsukineko)
- Angel Pink Memento Luxe (Tsukineko)
- Bahama Blue Memento Luxe (Tsukineko)
- Cherry Pink All Purpose Ink (Tsukineko)
- Wisteria All Purpose Ink (Tsukineko)
- Tangerine All Purpose Ink (Tsukineko)
- Thyme All Purpose Ink (Tsukineko)
- Champagne Mist All Purpose Ink (Tsukineko)
- Cotton t-shirt or tank
- Sponge Dauber
- Faber-Castell Pitt Black Pen
- Fine Paint Brush