This incredible wall decor hanging is so peaceful and can truly warm your room even on the coldest days. What a remarkable canvas project created by Jennifer Snyder. She has made such an amazing creation that is so inspiring. A big “Thank You” to Jennifer for sharing this with us. Stop by her blog Scrap Escape for more of her beautiful artistic work.
The pieces below are what they call innovative die cut paper pieces. This means the beach houses are all chipboard pieces. FabScraps printed die cuts are glued onto the chipboard for graphics. Ripped paper and cardboard that has been heat embossed makes a great sea surf and crashing waves. Jennifer added some touches of fishing net and painted it with gesso to blend and soften it up. I just love how she has done this. Very creative.
The seaside sign below was framed with jute and painted with gesso, for a beach weathered look.
Below are written instructions.
- Cut a piece of FabScraps Big Bell Sea Horse 1 to fit a wall plaque. Distress the edges then glue to plaque.
- Cover FabScraps Beachcomber chipboard houses with the matching die cut.
- Glue to Plaque
- Ink the edges of the background paper with teal ink.
- Cut two small pieces of fishing net. Glue on to the bottom left corner and one to the top left corner. Paint lightly with gesso for a worn seaside look.
- Rip a piece of cardboard so that the corrugation shows. Paint it white and emboss with white embossing powder. Set with heat gun.
- Glue beneath the chipboard buildings.
- Rip a few narrow pieces of FabScraps Lighthouse 2 and Big Bell Sea Horse paper and glue over the cardboard. This should resemble the crashing surf.
- Add some dry wall tape to the layout here and there for more texture. Ink it with teal ink as well.
- Add shells, flowers, netting and floral berries as desired.
- Create the sign by cutting the seaside sign from die cuts. Glue twine to the edge. Lightly paint the twine with gesso.
- Glue to the top over the fish net.
- Embellish with starfish from FabScraps Big Bell Sea Horse paper.
- Add floral berries
- Adorn the top of the plaque with netting and ribbons for hanging.
Thank You for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed today’s inspiration.
- Lighthouse 2/Beachcomber Collection (FabScraps FAB-BEACH-64-008 $0.99)
- Big Bell Sea Horse 1/Beachcomber Collection (FabScraps FAB-BEACH-64-001 $0.99)
- Beachcomber Die Cuts (FabScraps FAB-DC-64013 $1.49)
- Beachcomber Chipboard Houses (FabScraps fab-dc64009 $2.19)
- Chunky White Embossing Powder (Stampendous $5.99)
- Gesso (Ranger Ink pp-ch-sp24941 $6.17)
- Mixed Media Ink Peridot (ClearSnap $3.99)
Supplies Used (Not Shown):
- Web Weave Lace
- Floral Berries
- Fishing Net
- Crystal Flourishes
- Heat Gun
- Dry Wall Tape