Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you got started scrapbooking: I started scrapbooking around 2005, although I have been “crafty” my entire life, dabbling in different crafts. I had a costume party for Halloween at my house that year and I wanted to make a little album of everyone’s costumes. After that I was hooked! We moved from central NY to Houston, Texas in 2007 and didn’t know anyone, so I discovered the online world of scrapbooking where I spent most of my time! I’ve been on several teams for kit clubs, manufacturers, and challenge blogs. In 2012 we finally moved back to central NY, but with two additional little ones in tow! Now I am a stay-at-home mom to my kindergartner and pre-schooler. In January of 2014 I took over ownership of an online retail scrapbook store called My Scraps & More. I have an entire store in my basement and it allows me the best of both worlds to work part time from home in the store and spend time with my kids, too!
Favorite thing to scrap: I love to scrap about our everyday moments and try to record all those little things that are said and done. I’m also glad that we live in a place where we experience every season because I love being able to change up my products and inspiration from one season to the next!
What do you love about scrapbooking? I love how scrapbooking can remove me from anything else I may have on my mind and just take me to a place where all I think about are colors, patterns, and the memories behind the photos. I also love the social part of it, too, in going to crops and retreats and even the online “social” support!
5 fun facts about yourself:
1. In addition to scrapbooking I am also a quilter. I may be just as obsessed with fabric as I am with paper (and fabric is a lot more expensive! YIKES!)
2. I LOVE to play video games. I get hooked so easily. I really love “quest” types of games and have been known to binge play until I reach a certain level.
3. I play volleyball in leagues and open gym 2-3 times a week. As a matter of fact, I met my husband playing volleyball at the YMCA in 2006!
4. When I was in college I considered going into Entomology. But there’s not much of a career path there (and I didn’t want to be an exterminator! Ha!). However, I can name and identify almost every NYS butterfly in the field. I also know a lot of my birds and wildflowers.
5. Before I moved to Texas I was just about to start my Ph.D. dissertation in Science Education. But moving 1,600 miles away, getting married, and then having kids put a damper on that. But someday I’d love to finish, just so I can be addressed as Dr.!
Here is the layout Audrey made just for her spotlight:
CREATE YOUR OWN SUNSHINE by Audrey Yeager
I have been ITCHING for this winter to end so I can start using some of the new spring releases! This was the first “warmer” day we had in a while and the snow was starting to melt so I thought lots of flowers were in order! I cut a flower lace background with my Silhouette Cameo and layered it over another piece of white cardstock that I splattered with some mists. There are a few strips of patterned paper underneath, too. I machine stitched around some of the flower designs to accent them and then just decorated my page with some fussy cut papers. I even broke out some old black brads for the flower centers!
And here are four more layouts that Audrey created that are simply fantastic:
TODAY by Audrey Yeager
I don’t do photos of myself often, but I wanted to remember this moment of soaking up the sun after we arrived in Florida for vacation. I used a mood board for inspiration and love using different shapes in unique ways like I did with these triangles.
ROADTRIP by Audrey Yeager
I love this page for two things: the photos and the memory. My kids love to go visit my grandpa (their great-grandpa) because they get to push him around in his wheelchair and they get to ride on his lap. The joy in ALL of their faces just melts my heart!
LOVE THOSE PJ’s by Audrey Yeager
Another one of the those everyday things I want to remember about my son: he NEVER wants to get out of his footy pajamas. I found some little bits and pieces that went with the theme of my page and just scattered them around with some strips of paper.
HELLO AWESOME FUN by Audrey Yeager
One of my favorite paper releases lately is the Pinkfresh Studios “Up in the Clouds” collection. It is so bright and fun and so was this day in my photos. I made a simple grid design with papers and 3×4 cards that I cut down into 3×3 squares. I used some gel pens to continue with a doodling theme and doodled a border and a few other bits on my page.
Hope you enjoyed getting to know Audrey better! See you again next Wednesday!