Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you got started crafting: I’m 27 years old and live in Vancouver, BC with my little California rescue dog, Sophie. You’ll see Soph a lot in my crafting because she’s basically my child. I’ve had her for just over 5 years and she makes me so incredibly happy! I enjoy listening to music, drinking coffee, watching Netflix, and – of course – scrapbooking! I got into Project Life in April 2012 but didn’t officially start until January of 2013. It’s completely taken over my life. I eat, breathe, and dream in crafting mode!
Favorite thing to create: I love working on my Project Life album, but I really, really enjoy creating ‘traditional’ scrapbook layouts! I’ve also recently gotten into mini albums and those are so fun, too!
What do you love about scrapbooking? I love being able to get pictures off my computer and into an album. I think it’s so important to be able to have a physical record of your memories. Computers crash! It’ll be great some day to look back on the albums I’ve created of my single life when I’m married with children! Crafting is also my only creative outlet, so it really helps to keep me sane!
5 fun facts about yourself:
1. I love New York City and Disneyland.
2. My nails are always, always, always painted (usually light pink, hot pink, or red).
3. I don’t use knives to spread things like butter, jam, etc. I only ever use the back of a spoon.
4. I’m a disorganized eater. Which means I will eat the same thing every day for weeks at a time until I get sick of it. One time I ate pancakes every day for dinner for three weeks.
5. I have an uncanny ability to remember song lyrics even if I haven’t heard a song in 10+ years.
Here is Tracy’s lovely layout she made for her spotlight:
IN SOHO by Tracy Armstrong
Ever wonder what to do with your scraps of patterned paper? Layer them behind a photo! I love how this black, white, pink, and gold layout turned out!
This is a Project Life spread I made using the Fairground Studio Calico kit. The colours were so perfect for summer! I also love to include bigger photos. That 3×8 selfie I took is one of my favourites!
I told you you’d see a lot of my dog Sophie in my crafting! Cuddling with her is one of my favourite things to do.
Sometimes when you’re short on photos for your Project Life spread, take your favourite shot from the week and make it big! Full page photos really pop in your album!
So great to see your fabulous projects Tracy – thank you for sharing them with us!