Welcome back to Freebie Friday!
This week we are showcasing the Chameleon Color Tone Pens. These pens are an innovative alcohol-based marker that give you the ability to change the color tone of a each pen. There are 20 different colors available that produce over 100 different color tones. Each pen allows you to go from as light as a hint of tint to dark rich tones eliminating the need for hundreds of different colored pens.
So how does it work?
The team at Chameleon Pens have created lots of amazing videos to walk you through the process of using your first pen right up to and including various coloring tips and techniques. You can see their videos on their website and even more videos on their Vimeo channel.
We are excited to have Chameleon designers Annette Allen and Ilina Crouse join us today. Welcome Annette and Ilina! These ladies have created cards for us to share with you and full instructions to walk you through their design process.
HELLO DARLING by Annette Allen
- Make card from card-stock
- Cut another piece of card-stock slightly smaller then card base
- Stamp the sentiment on this slightly smaller piece before embossing
- Using Sizzix dots embossing folder use the slightly smaller piece of cardstock and run through machine to get the embossed effect of the dots
- Adhere the embossed pieced to card base
- Stamp Lawn Fawn images onto separate piece of card stock and color with Chameleon Color Tones Pens
- Infuse each color about 10 seconds before coloring each petal of the flowers and butterfly. This gives the affect of light to dark
- Trim the colored images and adhere to card.
Supplies: Chameleon Color Tones Pens: Seville Orange (OR4), Summer Sun (YL2), Purple Grape (PR4), Sky Blue (BL3) and Crimson Red (RD4), Lawn Fawn Flutter By, Mama Elephant Filigree, Sizzix dots embossing folder, Tsukineko Memento (tuxedo black), Neenah (solar white) card-stock and Misc foam adhesives squares
YOU MADE MY DAY by Ilina Crouse
- Cut card base from Crushed Curry card stock ( 4 1/4″ x 11″) and score at 5 1/2″. Cut layer of Blackberry Bliss card stock to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Cut layer out of White card stock to measure 4″x 5 1/4″ and emboss it using the Decorative Dots embossing folder.
- Stamp image on White card stock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and color it using the Chameleon Pens.
- Color the balloon using the Purple Grape PR4 pen by fusing it with the toning medium for 20 seconds
- Color the hedgehog first by making a little circle with the Bubble Gum PK3 pen without fusing it and then using the Bisque NU1 pen fusing it for 15 sec color the hedgehog body. Color his ‘spikes’ using the Bark BR5 pen fusing it for 10 seconds, then using the bullet point make the spikes more darker ti stand out.
- Color the little present using the Warm Sunset YO3 pen by infusing it for 3 seconds
- Trim the image to 1 7/8″ x 4″. Then cut a mat out of Crushed Curry card stock measuring 2″ x 4 1/8″ and adhere the image to it.
- Stamp sentiment on White card stock and punch it with the circle punch.
- Cut piece of the patterned paper measuring 1 3/4″ x 4″. Punch 4″ strip with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch and cut it lengthwise. Adhere each piece on the back of the patterned paper, so you can see scalloped border on each side.
- Adhere the patterned paper piece to the White layer. Then adhere it to the Blackberry Bliss mat. Tie ribbon around.
- Using foam mounting tape adhere the image and the sentiment.
- Adhere the whole layer onto the Crushed Curry card base.
Supplies: Stampin’ Up! Crushed Curry and Blackberry Bliss card stock, Neenah solar white smooth 80lb card stock, Stampin’ Up! Birthday Bash Specialty designer series paper. Chameleon pens deluxe set, Stampin’ Up! Dotted scallop ribbon border punch, Stampin’ Up! 1 3/4″ circle punch, 3/8″ Blackberry Bliss stitched satin ribbon, Stampin’ Up! Decorative dots embossing folder, Memento Ink pad in Tuxedo Black, Stampin’ Up! Best Day Ever Stamp set, Penny Black Party Time stamp set
Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards Annette and Ilina!
Now that you have learned all about these cool Chameleon Pens, can you guess what this week’s giveaway is going to be? If you guessed a set of Chameleon Pens, you are correct!
Would you like to win the Chameleon Pens 5 Pen Earth Tones set?
“Chameleon™ Color Tones Pens are a permanent alcohol ink pen system that enables the user to change the color tone of the ink so one pen produces multiple color tones! The internationally patented system creates simple, seamless blends that are perfect for giving depth and dimension to any artwork.
Ideal for all paper crafts, manga, graphic and fine art needs, the Chameleon Color Tones Pens are alcohol based, refillable and have replaceable nibs. The pens come in two parts: a mixing chamber and an alcohol based marker pen. The double-ended pen has a Japanese SuperSoft brush on one end and a Japanese bullet nib on the other. By inserting either nib into the mixing chamber and infusing with the colorless toning medium, color can be changed at the source. This unique system allows for working from a hint of a tint, to mid tones and back to the original color for seamless blends and colored gradation. Chameleon Color Tones Pens work with other alcohol based marker pens, are non-toxic, low odor and permanent on most surfaces.”
For your chance to win these amazing pens, leave a comment on this blog post telling us how long you have enjoyed paper crafting and how you got started. I can’t wait to hear your stories! The giveaway runs until 6pm EST on Thursday, March 19th.
Last week’s Freebie Friday post was sponsored by us, the Scrapbook Expo team. Thank you to everyone who commented on last week’s blog post! I enjoyed reading all of your comments about what you do to relax. I especially loved the comments where you mentioned that you don’t take a lot of time for yourself and my post helped you to realize that you need to. Everyone needs to take time for themselves even if it is only for a few minutes now and again. And, like many of you, some of my time ‘relaxing’ would stress other people out. I enjoy running with my kids and family even though it tires me out! I also enjoy a good book and a soak in the bath tub!
The lucky winner of the Scrapbook Expo Mystery Box giveaway is …
Congratulations, Amy! Please send your mailing address to Jen Walker and include ‘Scrapbook Expo Mystery Box Giveaway winner’ in the subject line.
Before I leave, I have some very exciting news for the Scrapbook Expo Anaheim attendees:
“Attention Scrapbook Expo Anaheim Attendees: We have a very special announcement that you won’t want to miss. Thursday, March 19th, Cricut CEO Ashish Aurora will be on the show floor at the Cricut Creativity Center from 9:00am to 3:00pm. Ashish will be available to answer your questions and personally demonstrate the brand new Cricut iPad App! Ashish will also be attending the first half of Cricut 102 class on Thursday to hear from you and talk about the exciting things happening at Cricut! And who knows, maybe there will also be a special appearance from one of Ashish’s best little green friend? This will for sure be an event that you will NOT want to miss!”
Thanks for joining me this week. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!
Don’t forget … If you want a chance to win the Chameleon Pens 5 Pen Earth Tones set, you need to leave a comment on this post.