I have been a longtime fan of Audrey Yeager’s scrapbook layouts, among other talents!, and I am so excited to feature her today and show you a brand new layout she made just for her spotlight!
Name: Audrey Yeager
Location: Fayetteville, NY
Flickr gallery: audreykit
Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you got started crafting: I am a SAHM working part time as an AP Biology teacher. My kiddos are 8 and almost 6 and are the subjects of most of my pages. I started scrapping in 2005. I had a big Halloween party and I wanted to make an album of all the fun costumes and events and that was the first scrapbook album I made. Since then I have been on several design teams, kit clubs, and manufacturer teams and I even owned my own online scrapbook store for about 2 years. When I am not scrapping, I like to quilt, play volleyball, spend time outdoors, and binge watch Netflix and other TV shows.
Favorite thing to create: I love to create single page layouts about everyday events and fun memories about our family.
What do you love about this hobby? I love the outlet it provides as a stress relief and I love that it helps me capture memories and moments that I want to remember forever. I also love meeting new people and the support that both the online and real-life scrapping community provides. I have met so many people through this hobby!
5 fun facts about yourself:
1. I’m a heavy metal/hard rock kind of girl! My favorite bands are Metallica and Tool.
2. We do a little bit of “homesteading” at our house including raising chickens, planting lots of vegetables, and making our own maple syrup.
3. When I was about 12, I used to catch garter snakes at my house and sell them to my local pet store for $1 a foot. They would use them to feed other snakes or sell the bigger ones. I have no problems picking up snakes even to this day!
4. I’ve taught students in almost every grade, Kindergarten through graduate school.
5. I have a brother who is 18 years younger than I am and when he was born (and all throughout my 20’s) people used to think he was my child.
GOOD BOOK by Audrey Yeager
My daughter is really into this series right now, and I love reading with her. The books in the “Oh My Heart” by Paige Evans / Pink Paislee collection were perfect for this page. I tried to recreate the look of a book using lightweight media sheets and embellies to look like book marks (and I even dog-eared the corner of the “book”).
COOL DUDE by Audrey Yeager
I used a fun cut file for the background on this page and played with the design of the squares. I also love this color combo for a boy page!
THIS TREE by Audrey Yeager
For the journaling on this page, I used a combination of stamping and handwriting to tell the story of this tree in our backyard that we loved but had to cut down.
CHORES by Audrey Yeager
I used the Simple Stories Domestic Bliss collection to document the chores I hate doing (and those that I don’t mind doing). The die cuts were perfect for this theme!
UNDER THE INFLUENCE by Audrey Yeager
I wanted to go grunge this this page about my brother and I listening to loud music. The title has both a literal and a figurative meaning for me on this page!
Thank you so much to Audrey for taking the time to answer my questions and creating a new and stunning page for her feature! See you again in a couple weeks with a new spotlight!