I totally CASEd (Copy And Share Everything) this card. I made it with a local class I teach and they loved it! This is what I would call a fussy card.
Lots of pieces and layers, but the look at the end is worth it!
Honestly, once you are done with the die cuts using the Big Shot, it’s pretty easy to assemble and embellish. And since I was making two mugs, and two “steam” pieces, I made two gingerbread men and put one on the inside of the card.
It’s fun to add excitement to the inside of the card and on the envelope too.
- Step 1: Cut the card stock and paper to size:
- Riding Hood Red Card Stock – 11″ x 4¼” and 4″ x 4″.
- Very Vanilla Card Stock – 2 pieces 5¼” x 4″, 1 piece 4″ x 2″, and 1 piece 1/2″ x 4″ plus you’ll need some scraps for die cutting.
- White Vellum Card Stock – 1 scrap for die cutting
- Fan Fair Designer Series Paper – 5″ x 3¾”
- Regals Collection Designer Series Paper – 4″ x 1¾”
- Step 2: Stamp onto Very Vanilla scrap card stock: 2 gingerbread men with Crumb Cake ink and 2 mugs with Riding Hood Red ink.
- Step 3: Stamp 2 steam with Soft Suede ink onto scrap of Vellum.
- Step 4: Die cutting:
- 1 3″ circle from Very Vanilla card stock
- 1 3-3/8″ circle from Riding Hood Red card stock
- 2 each stamped images of gingerbread man, mug and steam. TIP: assemble all images on your cutting plate at once and then you only have to crank through 2 times!
- Step 5: Emboss 3″ circle with Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- Step 6: Finish the mugs:
- Color in the “chocolate” with a Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Write marker.
- Use a craft knife and mat to slice into the bottom of the “chocolate” and then slide the vellum steam into the slit.
- Add a little adhesive on the back to hold the vellum in place!
- Add some pearl accents to the snowflake!
- Step 7: Color the gingerbread men with a Riding Hood Red Stampin’ Write Marker. Add some pearls for the eyes and buttons.
- Step 8: Start assembling the card.
- Fold 11″ x 4¼” Red Riding Hood card stock in half to create card base.
- Adhere one 5¼” x 4″ Very Vanilla to the inside of the card and one to the card front.
- Adhere 5″ x 3¾” patterned paper to the card front on top of Very Vanilla.
- Center the Red Riding Hood scallop circle on card front and adhere. Adhere the Very Vanilla textured circle on top of scallop circle.
- Step 9: Assemble the “pennant”.
- I like to cut the top piece (Very Vanilla) first, then adhere it to the bottom piece (Riding Hood Red) and then trim the Riding Hood Red piece to fit. You will probably have to trim the straight edge to fit the card too.
- Once assembled, adhere the entire pennant (or fish tail) piece aligning the left edge with the edge of the Very Vanilla edge. Trim if necessary.
- Step 10: Adhere mugs, gingerbread man, sentiment and more pearls to finish!
- Step 11: Adhere extra gingerbread man to inside of card.
- Step 12: Do you like to stamp on the envelope? Do it now, choose any stamp in the set.
I hope you are inspired to make this card, or your own variation. Happy Stamping!
Products Used (All Stampin’ Up unless otherwise indicated):
Scentsational Season (wood mount 121026 $18.95, clear mount 121190 $14.95)
Winter Memories (wood mount 127934 $27.95, clear mount 127937 $19.95)
Fabulous Phrases (wood mount 117002 $37.95, clear mount 120501 $26.95)
Riding Hood Red Card Stock 8½” x 11” (24 sheets 111348 $6.95)
Very Vanilla Card Stock 8½” x 11” (40 sheets 101650 $8.50)
White Vellum Card Stock 8½” x 11” (20 sheets 101856 $6.50)
Fan Fair Designer Series Paper 12″ x 12″ (12 sheets 165-2 126918 $10.95)
Regals Collection Designer Series Paper 12″ x 12″ (40 sheets, 2 ea of 2 ds designs in 10 colors 117154 $21.95)
Very Vanilla Medium Envelopes 5¾” x 4⅜” (qty 40 107300 $6.50)
Riding Hood Regals Collection Stampin’ Write Markers (1 ea of 10 colors 119701 $28.95)
Chocolate Chip Neutrals Collection Stampin’ Write Markers (1 ea of 8 colors 119703 $22.95)
Holiday Collection Big Shot Dies Framelits (127814 $24.95)
3″ Circle Originals Bigz Die (122125 $17.95)
Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Circles SM (S4-125 $24.99)
Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (117335 $7.95)
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439 $99.95)
Fiskars Fingertip Detail Knife (163050-1001)
Pearl Basic Jewels 150 asst (119247 $4.95)
Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430 $3.95)
Stamping Sponges (101610 $3.50)