Need a last minute gift idea? These ornaments are very quick and easy to make. I was inspired by this beautiful photo that I found on Pinterest. For more fun projects, visit Kayla’s blog at: http://www.kaylabarker.com.
-Christmas scrapbook paper
-Mod Podge or paper glue
1. If you want your ornament a certain color go ahead and paint it with acrylic paint and let dry. I personally like the wood look so I left mine bare wood.
2. Then trace your letter onto the back of your patterned paper and cut out the letter. Be aware that if you are using patterned paper that it is going in the right direction.
3. To smooth the paper edges and add a distressed look, sand the edges with a sanding sponge or sand paper. I like to use those sanding sponges as they have a little give and it makes it easier to get into all the nooks and crannies.
4. Use a foam brush to apply ModPodge or other decoupage glue to the front of the letter then apply the cut out to the front of your ornament , now generously add another layer of ModPodge over the top to seal your ornament. Let dry.
5. Use a drill to make a small hole for the screw. Twist the eyelet screw into the hole.
6. Attach tag with ribbon.
7. Use ribbon as a hanger through the eyelet.
Then check another gift off your list.
I hope this ornament has inspired you as it did me. Happy Holidays!