This card just took my breath away. So lovely!
I really enjoy design challenges because when I get “stuck” creatively, it just takes a sketch or an image to get my mind back in that creative mode.
For this challenge, The Ribbon Reel posted this photo,
and then challenged people to create a card or project using the colors pink, yellow & aqua, plus include a ribbon and a flower. Oftentimes, the blog offering the challenge has a deadline and a prize for winners.
Instead of coloring in a pattern on each dress, just stamp on patterned paper and cut out. Sometimes it’s nice to stamp the image on the bottom layer and then “pop up” the top layer to give it more texture and dimension.
Here are a few more photos to look at Helen’s card more closely:
I hope you will find a challenge next time you need a creative kick-start!
Have a wonderfully creative day!
Three Dresses Cling Set (Serendipity Stamps 017QCL $14.95)
“Lavender” 6×6 Paper Pad – The Sweetest Thing Collection (My Mind’s Eye #ST1088 $5.99)
- 6mm Sheer Organza IVORY (The Ribbon Reel)
- 1/8″ Mini Ric Rac LIGHT BLUE (May Arts AR334)
- Lemon Divine Twine (Whisker Graphics $15.00)
- 1/2″ Seam Binding BABY PINK (5m) (The Ribbon Reel)
- Cherry Blossom (5) LIGHT PINK (The Ribbon Reel)
- 5mm Self Adhesive Pearls THE BLUES (The Ribbon Reel)