Today’s project has a very shabby chic vibe to it. I just love it! I discovered it on the Quick Quotes Blog and knew I had to share! I highly recommend stopping by for a visit. Rhonda used the March Club Q “B” Altered kit for this project. Quick Quotes has a really amazing Kit Club & did I mention they host a wonderful Retreat (Quick Quotes Private Reserve.) Who doesn’t need an amazing scrapbooking week-end with the girls? 🙂
Coal Miner PowderPuff Chalk Ink was used to color the Chipboard Key.
To begin, Rhonda used QQ Coconut White PowderPuff Chalk Ink on the chipboard frame.
Tip: Use an emory board to sand down the nubs left after removing die cuts.
Next she inked the die cut border with Coal Miner PowderPuff Chalk Ink.
Rhonda left some variation in the coloring to enhance the shabby feel.
She stitched down the die cut frame onto the chipboard. Once that was completed, Rhonda worked on filling in each of the windows. This is where you start to make it your own. The “Love is Patient, Love is Kind…” quote is from the Quotes Bundle and was the starting point. The “Take Time to Do Something Silly” is also from the Quotes Bundle as well. Rhonda added some papers from QQ coordinating 6×6 paper pad for the collection.
Here you can see the die cut chipboard buttons that Rhonda colored using Baja Blue, Coconut, and Coal Miner PowderPuff Chalk Inks. She added Crackle Accents on the scalloped button, Diamond Stickles on the top button, and Glossy Accents on the bottom floral button. It really is all in the fine details.
The die cut branches and flourishes were colored with Coconut and dry brushed with Baja Blue to give the soft feel. I really love to use a dry brush with the Chalk Inks for just a hint of artistic touch & dimension.
Rhonda used the Kiwi Lane Tiny Wildflower Template #1 and layered for interest.
My hope is to inspire you to be fearless when it comes to your creativity, to try new things and most important to have fun!
- Biscotti PowderPuff Chalk (Quick Quotes POW21 $2.99)
- Baja Blue PowderPuff Chalk Ink (Quick Quotes POW20 $2.99)
- Coconut White PowderPuff Chalk Ink (Quick Quotes POW29 $2.99)
- Coal Miner PowderPuff Chalk Ink (Quick Quotes POW31 $2.99)
- Plum Crazy PowderPuff Chalk Ink (Quick Quotes POW30 $2.99)
- Dusty Road Chipboard (Quick Quotes DU802 $2.99)
- Dusty Road Stickers (Quick Quotes DU803 $1.99)
- Inspire Quotes Bundle (Quick Quotes QB04 $6.99)
- Tiny Wildflower Template #1 (Kiwi Lane Designs $10.95)
- Pewter and Rhinestone Pin (Jenni Bowlin $3.75)
- Glory Blue Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon $1.50)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Ribbon: White Offray Ribbon
- Adhesive: Prima Foam Squares, Diamond Stickles, and Glossy Accents
- Bling: Beige Pearls, Maya Road Grey Triple Ball Pin
- Sewing Machine and Thread