Sometimes it is hard to find a great card design for the men and boys in your life. I always keep a file of design ideas for those hard to create for people. This card is from Julie Gearinger. Her blog is Stamping with Julie Gearinger. Go on over and take a look!
Julie shared these instructions to create this card:
“Use the Big Shot™ with the Square Lattice and Woodgrain Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder to emboss two pieces of of Well Worn Designer Series Paper (DSP- retired). Very lightly sand the Woodgrain embossed piece and adhere both to the Early Espresso card front.
Use the Big Shot™ and the 3 ½” Circle Originals™ Die to cut a circle from River Rock cardstock and another circle from Early Espresso cardstock. Cut the Early Espresso cardstock circle in half and set aside.
Stamp the cowboy image and the sentiment using Early Espresso Classic Ink onto River Rock. Use The Aqua Painter and watercolor with Bravo Burgundy, Marina Mist and Soft Suede Classic Ink. Use the Color Spritzer Tool with the Soft Suede Stampin’ Write marker to “distress” the cardstock. Sponge the edges using a Sponge Dauber with Soft Suede Classic Ink.
Punch out the sentiment using the XL Oval Punch Stamp and two other ovals from Early Espresso cardstock. Layer the two Early Espresso cardstock ovals behind the sentiment oval to create the border.
Punch out four stars using the retired Small Star Punch – add the Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware Brads (retired) . Attach three to the knotted Hemp Twine to create a “banner”.
Layer the pieces per the sketch using Stampin’ Dimensionals® to finish off the card.”
I hope this has inspired you. Have a wonderfully creative day!
- Feeling Sentimental (Stampin’ Up – retired)
- Out West (Stampin’ Up – retired)
- Early Espresso 8-1/2X11 Card Stock (Stampin’ Up 119686 $6.95)
- River Rock 8-1/2X11 Card Stock (Stampin’ Up – retired)
- Well Worn Designer Series Paper – Digital Download (Stampin’ Up 124225 $4.95)
- Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad (Stampin’ Up 126974 $5.95)
- Bravo Burgundy Classic Stampin’ Pad (Stampin’ Up – retired)
- Marina Mist Classic Stampin’ Pad (Stampin’ Up 126962 $5.95)
Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad (Stampin’ Up 126978 $5.95)
- Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die (Stampin’ Up 119976 $7.95)
- Woodgrain Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder (Stampin’ Up 127821 $7.95)
- 3 ½” Circle Originals™ Die (Stampin’ Up 121811 $17.95)
- Big Shot™
- Antique Copper Hodgepodge Hardware Brads (retired)
- Hemp Twine (retired)
- Color Spritzer Tool (retired)
- Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker
- Aqua Painter
- XL Oval Punch
- Small Star Punch (retired)
One thought on “Celebrate the Cowboy in You!”
For your “little” or “big” cowboy! Cute!!
Comments are closed.