Mini albums have endless possibilities. This whimsical art style journal is such a great inspiration. What gorgeous textures along with the beautiful flowers and such fun embellishments. Love the Top Hat! This is such a masterpiece created by Kim Price. Be sure and stop by her blog Inkognito. I can guarantee you will be so glad you did. Thank You Kim for sharing such a beautiful piece of art work.
Kim created the textured cover from plain white cardstock. She embossed using a baroque style pattern and painted it with some aqua colored acrylic paint. To give it that aged look she has painted it again, but this time she used an antique linen distress stain. Distressing the inside pages with the same antique brown, tearing the edges also will give it a real aged look.
The best part in making this album is adding all the fun elements. Kim used a top hat, chalkboard title, black clock face, and ticket images from Nirvana Collection. Add some printables from Marion Smith Designs along with Ephemera 2 and an insert from February Printable Journal. This truly finished the front cover to create a wonderful mini album.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
Have a wonderful day creating. Thank you for stopping by.
- February Printable Journal (Marion Smith Designs $2.99)
- Grand Printable Mini Book Top Hat, Chalkboard Title, Black Clock Face, Tickets (Marion Smith Designs $16.99)
- Digital Ephemera 2 (Marion Smith Designs $2.99)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Cardstock: Bazzill Smooth Texture White
- Paint: Ranger Aqua Acrylic Paint Dabber, Antique Linen Distress Stain
- Tools: Embossing Folder, Embossing Machine