This is such a neat idea to embellish old bags to make them new again. You can also buy a bag and embellish it, then give away as a gift! This is so fun and simple. Go ahead give it a try. You will be glad you did!
- Iron your bag so it is wrinkle free and smooth when you begin.
- With masking tape place the doily onto the bag in desired area so the doily does not shift.
- Take your sponge brush and gently dip into your acrylic paint. Paint very gently onto the doily. Do not push down hard. You do not want your paint to run underneath the doily.
- After you have gone around your doily with the paint, very gently remove the doily from the bag.
- Let dry completely.
- Repeat steps 1 – 5 using your letter stencil in the middle of your design.
- Let set for 24 hours. Make sure design is completely dry before use.
- Canvas Tote (Gemline $2.05)
- Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber (Ranger Ink gb-rdab688 $3.32)
- 5″ French Paper Doilies 50 ct (Etsy Store: Watchuneed $2.55)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Letter Stencil 5 inches tall
- Masking Tape
- Sponge Brush