With winter right around the corner, thoughts of snowflakes & snowmen come to mind. So when I discovered this precious card on the Your Memories blog I knew I found today’s inspiration piece. I would like to send out a big thank you to Ally for sharing her beautiful design with us today. Be sure to stop by Allison’s blog anytime you are in need of inspiration.
Allison started with a piece of natural sticky-backed canvas and stamped a variety of the “Handmade Snowflakes” images all of it. She also used some Versamark ink and embossed in white and silver embossing powders and then added some darker blue snowflakes using Ranger Faded Jeans Distress Ink. I love how the embossing powders melted right into the texture of the canvas.
For all the grey tones Allison used the gorgeous colors in the “Tonal Neutrals“cardstock Color Made Easy collection; Stonehenge, Dusk and London Fog.
Don’t you just love how Allison decorated the inside of the card. I tend to get so wrapped up on the outside of my cards that forget to give the inside the love it deserves. Allison used Flourishes Classic White Cardstock to create the writing space and mini tag. Than tied the mini tag on using the Metallic Silver String. Lets not forget to inked all the edges of the white cardstock using Memento’s “London Fog” ink.
- Tonal Neutrals Cardstock (Flourishes CME-P-13 $3.75)
- Handmade Snowflakes (Flourishes SS253 $17.99)
- London Fog (Memento ME-901 /1.5 $5.19)
- Versamark (Versamark ts-vm-sml-001 $2.37)
- Faded Jeans (Ranger Distress pp-tim21452 $4.64)
- Sticky Backed Canvas (Ranger pp-ch-sa24897 $9.49)
- Scalloped Rectangles (Spellbinders LF-133 $49.99)
- Pearls (Queen & Co $1.25)
- Metallic String (Flourishes MA-SM31 $0.20)
From Your Own Stash:
- White Cardstock
- White & Silver Embossing Powder
- Star Stick Pin Maya Road
I hope you are as inspired as I am to break out some canvas, some stamps & of course your favorite inks and have some fun!
Thanks for stopping by & I hope to see you back soon.