Inspiration is everywhere and you can find it just by using some of your old papers you have lying around. Isn’t this card just beautiful! This Rose just pops out at you . Want a different technique in card making? Why not try Copic markers on top of patterned paper?
The paper used on this card was from Stampin’ Up specialty paper. It all ready has glitter on it. You can use any paper you already have to create this. You will need three patterns. Make sure they are not too dark in color.
Cut out nine 1 1 /4 ” squares. Ink all the edges. Use a scrap piece of paper for the background and lay the squares on top in a quilt pattern. Make sure you have one different paper on each row but not touching each other. Take your Fifth Avenue Floral Stamp and stamp it with Versamark ink.
Using Black embossing powder you will sprinkle over the rose with your powder. Using a fine brush you will brush off the excess powder, then use your heat gun to emboss & set.
Take 3 different shades of pink Copic markers. Start coloring with the lightest pink Copic first, coloring the whole petal. Only color one petal at a time. Next you will take your darkest pink and go over the light pink around the outer edges. You will then take your middle pink and blend them together. When using embossing powder it will tend to bleed into your brush, be careful not to get to close to your embossing edge with your Copic.
Next you will take a red Copic and color just the inside edge where the shadow would be and blend with your dark pink Copic marker. Once again take your light color Copic and do more blending. Continue same technique until your flower is complete.
You will then go around the square and ink the edges. Cut your base from Stampin’ Up crumb cake cardstock. With your crumb cake stamp pad ink your Hero Arts Envelope Pattern Stamp, then stamp on your base. Now glue down your flower on top. Add a sentiment “Thank You”. So give it a try you will love the result.
A Big Thank goes to Darlene DeVries for sharing this wonderful inspiration with us. To see more of her beautiful creations visit her blog at darlenedesign.com. You will be so inspired by her talent.
- Crumb Cake Cardstock (Stampin’ Up 120953 $7.72)
- Fifth Avenue Floral Stamp Set (Stampin’ Up 126044 $4.39)
- Thank You Kindly Stamp Set (Stampin’ Up 118826 $2.17)
- Envelope Pattern Stamp (Hero Arts S5507 $13.00)
- Basic Black Classic Ink (Stampin’ Up 126980 $6.61)
- Chocolate Chip Ink (Stampin’ Up 126979 $6.61)
- Crumb Cake Ink (Stampin’ Up 126975 $6.61)
- Versamark Ink (Stampin’ Up 102283 $8.83)
- Black Embossing Powder (Stampin’ Up 109133 $5.28)
- Embossing Buddy (Stampin’ Up 103083$ 6.61)
- Stamp a ma jig (Stampin’ Up 101049 $13.28)
- Sponge Daubers (Stampin’ Up 102892 $12.17)
- Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers wr-70904-6 $24.99)
- Copic Markers #R29, R81, R93, RV10 (Copic $7.99)
From Your Own Stash:
- 1 1/4″ Square Punch – Stampin’ Up
- Glitter Pattern Paper