Don’t you just love the feeling of this warm peaceful cabin scene? It makes me want to be at a cabin with a warm fire, a lighted Christmas tree, and snuggled on a couch with a cup of hot chocolate. This breath-taking card was created by Linda Coughlin from The Funkie Junkie blog. Be sure to hop over and see her beautiful designs. You’re sure to have endless inspiration for your week.
Linda used the MidWinter stamp as her focal point of her card. She started with a back panel of Maja Design paper “It’s Christmas Time.” She then added silver embossed branches in the upper right corner. The cabin scene was stamped on white paper and sponged with Vintage Photo. In the snowy areas of the roof and field Linda applied Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter. The window cabin panel in distress crackle paint and popped up with foam dots to give the window more depth. The pine-cones were cut from kraft glassine with the Tattered Pine-Cones die and tipped with gesso. The little branches were cut from the Festive Greenery Die and sponged with both Bundled Sage and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks and then glittered with Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter. The sentiment was silver embossed and the banner was cut freehand. Add a bow with seam binding and a couple of pine-cones and it just puts a beautiful finish to the card.
Hope you enjoyed today’s inspiration. Have a wonderful day!
- It’s Christmas Time (Maja Designs MAJACHRISTMAS $34.99)
- Window Bigz Die (Sizzix $15.95)
- Tattered Pinecones Die (Sizzix $15.95)
- Festive Greenery Die (Sizzix $15.95)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Paper – Tim Holtz Glassine Paper Stash
- Ink – Ranger Tim Holtz Distressed Ink Potting Soil, Vintage Photo, Frayed Burlap, Bundled Sage
- Misc – Ranger Distressed Embossing Ink Pad, Silver Embossing Powder, Distress Crackle Paint White Picket Fence
- Trims – Rayon Seam Binding
- Adhesive Tim Holtz Stickles Dry Glitter Clear Rock Candy, Glossy Accents, Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso