Doesn’t this card just make you want to go on a long vacation? I just love this fabulous mix of travel elements combined into a wonderful composition. The flowers and buttons add a feminine touch to it, along with the layering and details which give it such a great vintage look. This amazing card was created by Linda Coughlin for the Frilly & Funkie Challenge Blog. Thank you for sharing this creative card with us.
Linda used a stamp set that was full of travel labels, seals and other travel icons to make her look. She used various colors of archival inks and then trimmed them out. The post card from Paris is a digital download given free by Astrid McLean. (Be sure to check out her My Freebies tab for more vintage digital downloads.)
Linda mounted the images on a piece of Tim Holtz design paper. She included a torn piece of card stock that had been run through the Tim Holtz Air Mail texture fade. This will give the card a nice texture in the background. It was sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink to bring out the design. To top it off by adding a flower cluster, mounted on rayon seam binding bow which has been dyed with Vintage Photo Distress Stain (watered down a bit). She added a scrap of vintage netting, burlap string bow, and a vintage button. The sentiment is from the Tim Hotlz Simple Savings set stamped in Cobalt archival ink. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you will stop by the Funkie Junkie blog for more inspirational ideas and projects.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
- Simple Sayings Stamps (Tim Holtz $29.95)
- Archival Ink – Library Green (Ranger $5.99)
- Archival Ink Cobalt (Ranger $5.99)
- Archival Ink Vermillion (Ranger $5.99)
- Archival Ink Coffee (Ranger $5.99)
- Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger ri-tim19527 $5.00)
- Vintage Photo Distress Stain (Tim Holtz/Ranger pp-th-tdw29892 $4.99)
- Rayon Seam Binding (The Funkie Junkie Boutique $2.50)
- Burlap String (The Funkie Junkie Boutique $8.99)
- Texture Fade Compass & Airmail Set (Tim Holtz/Sizzix $10.99)
- Free Post Card Paris Digital Download (Astrid’s Artistic Efforts Free)
From YourOwn Stash:
- World Tour Stamps – Stampin’ Up
- Design Paper – Tim Holtz
- Flower – Prima