Many years ago I was a tole painter, and used the technique of splashes on my word work. It is so fun to see the same technique on paper. I love the look that it gives this layout. Do you still have some of those brushes? Pull them out and start doing splashes on your projects. This sweet layout was created by Mary Ann Jenkins with i rock paper and scissors.
Mary Ann created this adorable layout with using fun product from the kit Days of the Week from The Paper Bakery.
Who would have ever thought to use a Hello My Name is…. tag for an embellishment, how darling is that! Flare buttons are such a fun way to add a different type of embellishment to your layout. These are so fun to add your own touch by adding rub-ons, stickers, distressing, or even writing on them with your alcohol markers.
Adding a paper doily, and some sequins just gave this layout that finished touch. What a clean fun layout. Thank you Mary Ann for sharing this with us to enjoy.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
Enjoy your day crafting!
- Moment, Unforgettable Collection (My Minds Eye ctb206 $1.09)
- Tale, Unforgettable Collection (My Minds Eye ctb196 $1.09)
- Anchors, Uncharted Waters (Glitz Design uw0656 $0.99)
- Photo Booth, Midway Collection (October Afternoon $0.80)
- Treasured Terrace Gold Dot Vellum (American Crafts 35822 $0.93)
- Folk Art Gold Glitter Paint (Plaid 332916 $2.49)
- Corrugated White Alphas (Jillibean Soup 528-01114 $4.49)
- Authentic Journal Cards (My Minds Eye ctb170 $0.59)
- Hello Label Stickers (My Minds Eye ctb143 $0.59)
- Uncharted Waters, Whatnots Die Cuts (Glitz Design $4.99)
- Small Doilies (Bo Bunny 10522770 $2.99)
- Yellow/Gray Decorative Tape (My Minds Eye $12.99)