Today’s inspiration is a great card that has been perfectly designed to adapt to any occasion. Don’t you just love the sentiment? The feathers give it a wonderful masculine touch. This card has such great use of texture, distressing, die cutting, and yet it is very simple.
This wonderful card was designed by Lin from Sending Hugs. Be sure to visit her blog you will be so glad that you did. Lin started her card by using a die cut Pointed Feathers and cutting them from an old music paper and cork paper. She took her chocolate malt cardstock and embossed it with the Tim Holtz wood-grain embossing folder. Lin tied together the feathers with twine from Hero Arts. Giving it a finished touch she added her sentiment onto the bottom of the card.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
- Chocolate Malt Cardstock (Bazzill 00684 /14.6 $10.99)
- Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink (Ranger/Tim Holtz TIM21421 /1.5 $5.99)
- Pointed Feather Die (Simon Says s194 /0.3 $11.99)
- Woodgrain TextureEmbossing Folder (Tim Holtz 656644 /3.3 $10.99)
- Designer Twine (Hero Arts CH264 /0.9 $3.99)
From Your Own Stash:
- Music Paper
- Cork Paper