What a cute way to serve your guests a favorite Halloween beverage. Who doesn’t love Mason Jars? I love using Mason Jars for different craft projects. I found these spooky jars on EdiTORIal by Tori Spelling. This year get into the Halloween spirit and dress up your Mason Jars!
The mason jars above have been spray-painted grey, but you can also skip the spray paint and go with clear mason jars and add your favorite Halloween themed scrapbooking paper.
- Mason Jars (pint size)
- Grey Spray Paint
- Halloween-themed scrapbooking paper
- Sharp scissors
- Straws (black, orange, or green)
- Halloween stencils or die cuts
- Colorful card stock (orange, brown, taupe) or matte photo paper, if you are printing your cutouts
- Black pen or sharpie
- Additional embellishments like beads or glitter
- Glue stick or glue dots
- First, create a hole in the mason jar lid for the straw, by placing your screwdriver in the center of the lid and giving it a good tap with your hammer
- Use the mason jar lid to trace a circle on your scrapbooking paper, and cut out the circle
- Punch a hole in the center of your cutout, ensuring that it is aligned with the hole in the mason jar lid, and place the paper circle over the mason jar lid
- Trace your stencils on your colorful cardstock, and carefully cut them out. You can also find cutouts online and print them on photo paper
- Embellish your cutouts with your pen or sharpie (for example, if you cut out pumpkins, draw their eyes, nose, and mouth with a black pen), and add glitter or beads to your cutouts.
- Using a glue stick or crafting glue dots, affix your embellished cutouts to each mason jar
- When you’re ready to serve your guests, fill your jars with ice and the beverage of your choice, then screw on the lid and insert straw (your straws should complement the color of the scrapbooking paper).
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.