These wonderful pumpkin patch cupcakes make a terrific dessert centerpiece. You can make these for fun gatherings with family or friends, from Halloween to Thanksgiving. What a delicious and creative treat!
Recipe shared by Hello Cupcake.
- 12 Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Spice cupcakes baked in orange paper liners
- 24 Mini Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Spice cupcakes baked in white paper liners
- 2 Pieces green licorice twists (Twizzlers rainbow twists)
- 1 can (16 ounces) Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
- Orange Food Coloring
- 1 cup Orange decorating sugar
- Green Licorice laces (Kellogg’s Fruit Streamers, Watermelon Madness)
- Cut the licorice twists into 3/4 inch pieces to make the pumpkin stems. Tint the vanilla frosting orange with the food coloring. Tint 1/2 cup of the orange frosting a darker shade of orange with more food coloring. Spoon the darker orange frosting into a zip lock bag. Set a side.
- Place orange decorating sugar into a shallow bowl. Spread the orange frosting on top of the cupcakes mounding slightly in the center. Starting on the edge, roll the cupcake tops in the sugar to cover completely.
- Use a wood skewer to mark the ridges in the tops of the cupcakes. Starting in the center or slightly off center, lightly press the skewer over the cupcake tops to create 5 to 6 indentations. Snip a very small corner (1/16 inch) from the bag with the darker orange frosting and pipe lines of frosting in the indentations on top of the cupcakes. Insert the cut green twists for the stems and add the green laces, trimmed into shorter pieces, to make the tendrils.