Summer is my very favorite time of the year. I absolutely love all the beautiful flowers. This card caught my eye with the beautiful hand-made flowers by Wendy Robinson. Wendy gives us the tips of making these fun summer flowers to use on our cards, scrapbook pages and other crafts. I want to thank Wendy for sharing this darling card with us today. For more of her fun ideas go to Designs by Windy Robinson. You will learn so much from her.
Wendy created this card using the October Afternoon’s Farm Girl Collection. What a fun print for summer crafting.
Here is a closer look at the wonderful details on her card. Let’s get started making this delightful card, you will be surprise how easy it is!
- Make card base from Kraft cardstock. Add yellow dot patterned paper to face of card as pictured.
- Cut floral patterned paper slightly smaller than the yellow dot paper. Distress edges with Antique Linen Distress Paint and allow to dry.
- Cover entire surface of floral patterned paper with a layer of Diamond Glaze and allow to dry. Sew floral piece to face of card with messy double zig zag stitch.
- Add horizontal Kraft band to face of card. Make sentiment banner, painting edges with Antique Linen Distress Paint and adhere to card with dimensional adhesive.
- To make flowers, cut patterned paper circles with Spellbinders Nestablilities Circles in desired sizes. Cut 3 of three circles in descending sizes. Cut petals with scissors.
- Fold and add Distress Paint to create dimension. Layer circles to create flowers and adhere sequins to center with Diamond Glaze.
- Kraft Cardstock (Papertrey Ink 64416 $3.00)
- Farm Girl 12 x 12 Collection Kit (October Afternoon PP-686 $23.99)
- Flower Friend Clear Stamps (Simon Says SSS130301 / 1.8 $14.99)
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint Antique Linen (Ranger TDD36272 /1.9 $4.99)
- Yellow Sequins (Kelly Purkey KPSQ04 /0.2 $2.99)
- Diamond Glaze Adhesive (Judikins GP005 /2.7 $5.99)
- Foliage (Spellbinders S4-328 $19.99)
- Standard Circles (Spellbinders S4-114 $24.99)
- Mini Scoring Board (Martha Stewart 42-05013 /9.2 /59C $10.00)
From Your Stash
- Die/Embossing Machine